Photo

Wedding band question?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 weez

weez
  • 151 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:56 AM

OK girls I need a little advice again! I was wondering if you and your FI's are all having matching wedding bands? Is it considered incorrect etiquette to have different ones (we both like different styles!) Or do you not think its that important? Help!

#2 -Kate-

-Kate-
    • VIP Member
    • 7,676 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:58 AM

No way do you have to do that. You each have to wear them for life - you should get what you like. Unless they are completely plain bands I've never seen anyone with matching ones.

#3 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
      • 1,430 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 02:27 AM

I agree!! My FI has a tungsten ring and I have a platinum diamond band!! Very different!! Get what you both like!!

#4 anaderoux

anaderoux
        • 3,220 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 03:57 AM

My parents have matching bands and she's always asking what's the matching band for my FI when I look for wedding bands hahahaha.. imagine my FI with an eternity band..

#5 SarahMc

SarahMc
          • 146 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 04:04 AM

I agree - get what you like! James is getting a tungsten with platinum and I'm going with a platinum band and maybe some diamonds. He wants a manly ring with no diamonds and I want a girly one, so there's no matching with us!
            Sarah & James
            Dreams Los Cabos
            June 28, 2007

#6 EDYTA

EDYTA
            • 1,277 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 10:47 AM

I think back in the day people got matching bands because there wasn't much of a selection and everyone went for the plain yellow gold bands. Now u go 2 the jelewery store and there are thousands to choose from. I definately think you 2 should just get what you individually like

#7 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 12:54 PM

We joke that we're just going to get steve a ring from a gumball machine. He works in construction so we know he's going to beat the crap out of it and may even lose it, so I guess that means I get to use all the ring budget for me, j/k! I want something with diamonds because my e-ring is a simple diamond solitaire, so my band will dress it up more. But steve will just get a plain band.

#8 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:03 PM

Jilly have you thought about getting Steve a tungsten ring? we were told those are the most durable rings, that is what my FI got and it wasn't that expensive.
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#9 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:18 PM

Christine, I'm not sure if I know what that is? Are they expensive?

#10 Christine

Christine
                  • VIP Member
                  • 21,514 posts
                  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 04 February 2007 - 01:21 PM

Will's was $450, let me try to take a pic of it for you...sorry he just told me it's a type of metal, a very strong kind. I will go find the camera now though
                  Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users