Photo

For those of you in town today May 30th

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:57 PM

There's going to be a huge fireworks show - I think all over town - but I know for sure at the stadium which is located right next to the Sheraton.

Here's the link:
    http://www.puertoval....osmorillos.jpg

For those of you who don't speak Spanish it basically says that the whole thing will open-up at 8:00 p.m. with a Chinese lion dance and then they will proceed to set-off the castillos - for those of you not familiar with a castillo, it's a big large structure made of fireworks and, when they set it off, it spells out things or has a design to it that is revealed as the fireworks go off.

They are beautiful, but a little dangerous ... I use to call them "crowd burners" because of one we saw in Mexico City - first people were so close that sparks were flying into people's hair and their family would be patting their head to get out the sparks and then the top went flying off and my hubby thought it was suppose to do that and I was thinking "um, not it isn't" and everyone is watching it whirl into the air like a flying saucer - then it came falling back down into the crowd and everyone was running to get out of the way .

But I'm sure these displays will be much safer, as it's an international symposium and they are really amazing to watch! :)

#2 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:59 PM

Oh fun- well not the burning part. LOL I love fireworks. I wish I was there.
      Happily married since 2008

#3 lucy106

lucy106
      • 2,880 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:03 PM

Wow that sounds like quite the display!

#4 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
        • 1,574 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 01:01 AM

It was really great! And guess what? I was WRONG - that part is suppose to fly in the sky and then fall back to the ground - only not into the crowd! There were 10 castillos and a ton of big banging sky ones -lasted about two hours ... wish you guys could have seen it :).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users