Photo

Coyaba Resort -Mobay Brides post here!

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#21 MoBayBride

MoBayBride
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:00 PM

Oh my I am so happy I found you girls!!!

I am getting married at Coyaba on June 6, 2009. We had a site visit over Memorial Day and it was wonderful! I'm also using Sungold and had the chance to meet Paula and Damien and they are equally wonderful!

I'm not sure who posted the knottie video of Jess and Johnny but I found her knot profile when I started planning and once we chose Jamaica it was her profile that pushed us towards the Coyaba.

Please keep me in mind if you have questions!!

Quick intro: My name is Vanessa, I live in Charlotte NC

I have a ton of pictures and video that I took at the Coyaba also. If you are interested in seeing it please email me. vanessa dot valeriano at gmail.com

#22 ajanders21

ajanders21
    • 57 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 11:03 AM

As I mentioned before I am using SunGold too. I don't think you have to pay the 150 fee, if you buy the wedding package... you just don't get a credit for the photos that come with the package. I chose them before I even was sure about Coyaba, because my friend got married last year at the Rockhouse, and they did such a great job that I knew I had to use them too.

I am also getting the reggae band and I would recommend that you book them as soon as you decide its in your budget... because they can get booked elsewhere. I've been working with their band manager and she's great. The bands name is Chokey Taylor and they have some music available on Itunes so you can hear what they sound like. They also sent me a playlist and they really play it all. Reggae, top 40's, R&b, etc etc... even typical wedding songs by Sade, Eric Clapton, etc... I'm sure they'll all have a "reggae-ish" sound but thats why I'm paying them so much, no??

By the way, once you hit the 3 month mark, Joanne is fab. to work with... she's very responsive. My only question is what to get her for all her hard work...

just a reminder I'm getting married there in Nov 8th, 08.... Also, I have the florist's website if anyone is interested...

#23 MoBayBride

MoBayBride
      • 13 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:37 PM

I would LOVE the florists website- can you email it to me or post it here?

My email is vanessa dot valeriano at gmail.com

Thanks!!

#24 Myda77

Myda77
        • 821 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:56 PM

Thanks for the info! If you could post the florist website that would be great!
          Maida & Tomas
          Circa 2004 - Our first picture together!

#25 Myda77

Myda77
          • 821 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 10:19 PM

Hi Vanessa, to the forum!
            Maida & Tomas

#26 ajanders21

ajanders21
            • 57 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:15 AM

The flower studio (Sandra Martin's) website is

www.flowerstudiojamaica.com

I don't know how early she would like you to start emailing her, but enjoy. It has photos but no prices.

I fell in love with the crybiulium orchids (or however you spell them!) and am getting a bouquet of just them. Gorgous, but a tad pricey... But, I am not really doing floral centerpieces (I'm doing vases filled with my wedding colors of candy!) so I'm spluring on my bouquet.

Also, I don't know if a lot of you have decided to do AI or not, but I struggled with it for months, before deciding to do the AI plan. I decided after reading trip advisor about how expensive the food and booze is that I didn't want my guests worrying about it. They knew how much they would pay ahead of time. I'll let you ladies know if it was worth it!

#27 M9w3h6

M9w3h6
              • 37 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:19 AM

Sounds nice girls wish all of you the best of luck

#28 MoBayBride

MoBayBride
                • 13 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:03 PM

Thanks for the Welcome and the flower information!

I'm also nixing the flower centerpieces. I'm going to use fresh pineapples and candles to keep costs down.

#29 Myda77

Myda77
                  • 821 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:48 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ajanders21
                    The flower studio (Sandra Martin's) website is

www.flowerstudiojamaica.com

I don't know how early she would like you to start emailing her, but enjoy. It has photos but no prices.

I fell in love with the crybiulium orchids (or however you spell them!) and am getting a bouquet of just them. Gorgous, but a tad pricey... But, I am not really doing floral centerpieces (I'm doing vases filled with my wedding colors of candy!) so I'm spluring on my bouquet.

Also, I don't know if a lot of you have decided to do AI or not, but I struggled with it for months, before deciding to do the AI plan. I decided after reading trip advisor about how expensive the food and booze is that I didn't want my guests worrying about it. They knew how much they would pay ahead of time. I'll let you ladies know if it was worth it!
                    How expensive are the flowers? Do you think the prices are reasonable?
                    Maida & Tomas

#30 mentionbien1

mentionbien1
                    • 25 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE: "I'm also nixing the flower centerpieces. I'm going to use fresh pineapples and candles to keep costs down."

That is a great idea! I hadn't even thought of that. I know that I want some sort of centerpiece, but really don't want to spend the money on flowers...I mean, the environment itself is decoration enough, right

However, heading to the grocery store and picking up some pineapple and other tropical fruit with some candles is a great idea.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users