Jump to content

Photo

Barcelo Maya Palace Brides


  • Please log in to reply
4889 replies to this topic

#3251 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
  • Jr. Member
  • 389 posts

    Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:31 AM

    Hi Heidilynn!

    I can share some of what I have discovered through this whole planning process...although I am no expert as we haven't had our wedding yet!

     

    Sashes and white table cloths are included, also, the coordinator sent me the list of colors like MrsNova said and then I asked "what about purple" and she messaged me back saying yes they had purple and sent me the picture of it, so just clarify clarify clarify and you will figure it out!

     

    There is nothing arch-wise or huppa unless you pay a whole lot more, but there's always the option of the gazebo if that interests you, I chose the Barcelo almost solely based on their gazebo lol!

     

    For centerpieces, there is a pdf they send you with their options and prices on it, they aren't too badly priced I guess but they do add up if you are trying to stick to a budget, and they do charge for all the orchids and calla lillies and such that you may want. Another option is to do like someone else on here did and rent their vases for $5 each and then bring your own fake orchids down with you to have them submerged. There are TONS of options for centrepieces if you don't want to pay their prices. If you give me your email I can forward you on the centrepieces thing they sent me.

     

    Also for flowers they charge for corsages, bouquets, boutineers other than for the bride and groom (for the strawberry package anyways)

     

    As for ipod or dj - we are going with ipod as most brides on here suggested that and its a big savings!

     

    One other thing that I have heard is extra are the lights on the trees, $5 per string apparently.

     

    Happy Planning!



    #3252 JordannaMarie

    JordannaMarie
    • Newbie
    • 32 posts

      Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

      Does anyone know if they charge extra for the "surf and turf" meal? I asked Claudia, my WC, and she hasn't gotten back to me yet. We are going with the strawberry package and have 60 people coming so i hope it isn't extra!

      #3253 kbrandriet

      kbrandriet
      • Newbie
      • 22 posts

        Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:47 AM

        Hey, Could you please send me the link of all the center pieces too :) my WC hasn't got back to my last e-mail I sent her weeks ago.  My e-mail address is kelc_86@hotmail.com
        Thanks!



        #3254 Heidilynn

        Heidilynn
        • Newbie
        • 40 posts

          Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:08 AM

          Originally Posted by mrsnova 

          I faced the same dilemma! Ended up going with the Mint Breeze package though because we will have about 50 people and can't afford it.

           

          The chairs do come with sashes/bows (certain colors). Quoting from my WC "wedding package includes: chairs, white cover chairs, bows (white, cream, green, yellow, orange, blue, dark blue, hot pink, red and gold) tables and long table cloths". 

           

          There is one centerpiece included in the package that is used at the ceremony and reception. 

           

          The arch with flowers or huppa are extra (around $280 for arch, around $400 for huppa). I thought these prices were outrageous and have seen pictures of the ceremony without and it was still beautiful! And remember your backdrop is always the ocean if you are having a beach wedding :).

           

          I am not going with a DJ and based on reading through this forum all of the brides that also went without didn't regret it and liked being able to choose their own music. They include the sound system with IPod hookup and mic. I have started making a playlist and found an app called wedding DJ that is awesome! It organizes all your songs by section, like "recessional, first dance, etc" and fades the music in and out. 

           

          Go here to see all what is included in the packages http://www.barcelowe...ng-package.html. Good luck with getting started on your planning! 

          Thank you for the clarification MrsNova! I like the idea of having the iPod instead of a DJ, it just seems way to expensive!! I can't believe even a simple arch isn't included :( If anyone has photos of the ceremony without an arch i'd be interested to see, but like you said having the ocean in the background is pretty amazing.

           

          My fiance and I will have to discuss the reception location, the number of RSVP's will probably be a decided factor. 

           

          Thank you again! 



          #3255 Heidilynn

          Heidilynn
          • Newbie
          • 40 posts

            Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:08 AM

            Originally Posted by mrsnova 

            I faced the same dilemma! Ended up going with the Mint Breeze package though because we will have about 50 people and can't afford it.

             

            The chairs do come with sashes/bows (certain colors). Quoting from my WC "wedding package includes: chairs, white cover chairs, bows (white, cream, green, yellow, orange, blue, dark blue, hot pink, red and gold) tables and long table cloths". 

             

            There is one centerpiece included in the package that is used at the ceremony and reception. 

             

            The arch with flowers or huppa are extra (around $280 for arch, around $400 for huppa). I thought these prices were outrageous and have seen pictures of the ceremony without and it was still beautiful! And remember your backdrop is always the ocean if you are having a beach wedding :).

             

            I am not going with a DJ and based on reading through this forum all of the brides that also went without didn't regret it and liked being able to choose their own music. They include the sound system with IPod hookup and mic. I have started making a playlist and found an app called wedding DJ that is awesome! It organizes all your songs by section, like "recessional, first dance, etc" and fades the music in and out. 

             

            Go here to see all what is included in the packages http://www.barcelowe...ng-package.html. Good luck with getting started on your planning! 

            Thank you for the clarification MrsNova! I like the idea of having the iPod instead of a DJ, it just seems way to expensive!! I can't believe even a simple arch isn't included :( If anyone has photos of the ceremony without an arch i'd be interested to see, but like you said having the ocean in the background is pretty amazing.

             

            My fiance and I will have to discuss the reception location, the number of RSVP's will probably be a decided factor. 

             

            Thank you again! 



            #3256 Heidilynn

            Heidilynn
            • Newbie
            • 40 posts

              Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:11 AM

              Originally Posted by FireyNurse 

              Hi Heidilynn!

              I can share some of what I have discovered through this whole planning process...although I am no expert as we haven't had our wedding yet!

               

              Sashes and white table cloths are included, also, the coordinator sent me the list of colors like MrsNova said and then I asked "what about purple" and she messaged me back saying yes they had purple and sent me the picture of it, so just clarify clarify clarify and you will figure it out!

               

              There is nothing arch-wise or huppa unless you pay a whole lot more, but there's always the option of the gazebo if that interests you, I chose the Barcelo almost solely based on their gazebo lol!

               

              For centerpieces, there is a pdf they send you with their options and prices on it, they aren't too badly priced I guess but they do add up if you are trying to stick to a budget, and they do charge for all the orchids and calla lillies and such that you may want. Another option is to do like someone else on here did and rent their vases for $5 each and then bring your own fake orchids down with you to have them submerged. There are TONS of options for centrepieces if you don't want to pay their prices. If you give me your email I can forward you on the centrepieces thing they sent me.

               

              Also for flowers they charge for corsages, bouquets, boutineers other than for the bride and groom (for the strawberry package anyways)

               

              As for ipod or dj - we are going with ipod as most brides on here suggested that and its a big savings!

               

              One other thing that I have heard is extra are the lights on the trees, $5 per string apparently.

               

              Happy Planning!

              Thank you so much for all of the info! Soooo helpful! It's hard wrapping my brain around all the details, LOL

               

              If you could send me the PDF for the centrepieces, as well as anything else you feel would be helpful that would be great! heidiandbradgethitched@gmail.com 

               

              Thanks again!



              #3257 Heidilynn

              Heidilynn
              • Newbie
              • 40 posts

                Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

                Originally Posted by mrsnova 

                I faced the same dilemma! Ended up going with the Mint Breeze package though because we will have about 50 people and can't afford it.

                 

                The chairs do come with sashes/bows (certain colors). Quoting from my WC "wedding package includes: chairs, white cover chairs, bows (white, cream, green, yellow, orange, blue, dark blue, hot pink, red and gold) tables and long table cloths". 

                 

                There is one centerpiece included in the package that is used at the ceremony and reception. 

                 

                The arch with flowers or huppa are extra (around $280 for arch, around $400 for huppa). I thought these prices were outrageous and have seen pictures of the ceremony without and it was still beautiful! And remember your backdrop is always the ocean if you are having a beach wedding :).

                 

                I am not going with a DJ and based on reading through this forum all of the brides that also went without didn't regret it and liked being able to choose their own music. They include the sound system with IPod hookup and mic. I have started making a playlist and found an app called wedding DJ that is awesome! It organizes all your songs by section, like "recessional, first dance, etc" and fades the music in and out. 

                 

                Go here to see all what is included in the packages http://www.barcelowe...ng-package.html. Good luck with getting started on your planning! 

                 

                Thank you for the clarification MrsNova! I like the idea of having the iPod instead of a DJ, it just seems way to expensive!! I can't believe even a simple arch isn't included :( If anyone has photos of the ceremony without an arch i'd be interested to see, but like you said having the ocean in the background is pretty amazing.

                 

                $66 per extra guest is quite a jump from the $27 for the mint breeze, although I really want the reception outside, we may have to consider our budget again when we start to receive RSVP.

                 

                Did you send save the dates? If so did you find a lot of people who mentioned they'd love to come, actually dropped off when it came down to putting a deposit?

                 

                Thanks again!

                 

                Thank you again! 



                #3258 FireyNurse

                FireyNurse
                • Jr. Member
                • 389 posts

                  Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

                  It is the $66 per person over 15 in the package but there is no difference in fees for any of the menu items they send you, we chose surf and turf!

                  Originally Posted by JordannaMarie 

                  Does anyone know if they charge extra for the "surf and turf" meal? I asked Claudia, my WC, and she hasn't gotten back to me yet. We are going with the strawberry package and have 60 people coming so i hope it isn't extra!


                  #3259 FireyNurse

                  FireyNurse
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 389 posts

                    Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

                    Sent! :)

                    Originally Posted by kbrandriet 

                    Hey, Could you please send me the link of all the center pieces too :) my WC hasn't got back to my last e-mail I sent her weeks ago.  My e-mail address is kelc_86@hotmail.com
                    Thanks!



                    #3260 JordannaMarie

                    JordannaMarie
                    • Newbie
                    • 32 posts

                      Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

                      It is the $66 per person over 15 in the package but there is no difference in fees for any of the menu items they send you, we chose surf and turf!

                      Great! Thank you!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users