860 replies to this topic

#781 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,921 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:02 PM

Hey girls!
    Tracy, we leave on Sunday, what about you? Can't wait!
    The list is dwindling. A few small beautify things to do, wrap up work, post planning thread... I am doing the pic thing too! I was also waiting for pics from Mishka Designs... she is making my menus, placecards and custom maracas but might just post them after the fact.
    Otherwise Bill's suit wasn't tailored right so they are fixing it and we'll pick it up today, pick up linens tomorrow, purchase a carryon bag and that's about it! Yay!

#782 chicklet

chicklet
    • 718 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:54 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by BachataBride
      The list is getting smaller (thank god!!) but there is still a lot to do!
      I got my hair done yesterday (color & highlights), and I love my new gel nails (expect I can't type now! LOL)
      I still have to wax...get a pedicure...pick up flip flops, sun block, bobby pins & underwater camera...Mom has to go to the bank for US cash yet. Ummm...we have to finish packing. FI still has to pick up a tape for our camcorder & we have to figure out how to use it! lol
      I hope that's it!
      I don't think I"m going to get to my planning thread done before I go, but I promise to do it as soon as I get back!!!
      what are the gels like Long?? do they say they can withstand a lot of water??

#783 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:08 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by chicklet
        what are the gels like Long?? do they say they can withstand a lot of water??
        I love them! They look & feel awesome! I feel very girly! I've never had nails before - they always break & split! They didn't say anything about too much water! CRAP!!! Oh well...my mom has a package of stick ons in case of an emergency!

#784 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,921 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:54 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by BachataBride
          I love them! They look & feel awesome! I feel very girly! I've never had nails before - they always break & split! They didn't say anything about too much water! CRAP!!! Oh well...my mom has a package of stick ons in case of an emergency!
          I just got the gel nails put on too... had them once before a couple of years ago and they were fine in all elements!

#785 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,921 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:56 PM

Welcome Kate! Better late than never. Make sure you post your links for your planning thread and pictures after the wedding here.

#786 chicklet

chicklet
            • 718 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:50 AM

I'm outta here ladies!! Off to hotel today and Jamaica tomorrow!!
              Wishing all of you a great trip and a wonderful wedding.
              Will be watching for all those reviews!!

Cheers!

#787 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:04 AM

YAY Angela!!! Congratulations!!!
                I look forward to a full review (with pics!) upon your return!!
                Have a fun & safe trip!

Christene...same goes for you!! Have fun - and be safe!

When are you leaving Kate (.com! Now that we have 2!)??

Welcome new Kate!!

I still have crap to do! I have to get my waxing finished up tomorrow - I tried doing my legs last night & for some reason the hairs just wouldn't come off!! Grrr!! I was so frustrated!! So, I decided I'm going to leave the rest for a pro! Then I tried making the t-shirts - mine turned out great, MOH's worked ok (a couple spots missing), and then FIs was a disaster!! One letter is completely missing & wouldn't iron on at all!! I got so frustrated I was on the verge of tears (I know it's no biggy, but it was 11:30 at night & I was tired & emotionally drained!). Anyway, I figured I would reprint the missing letter & try to add it again - if that doesn't work I'm going to get a fabric marker/pen & print it on myself!! LOL
                I'm stressed up to my eyeballs & cannot wait to get on that flight!!! Phew!

#788 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,921 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:16 AM

Hey! I am leaving on Sunday.
                  chicklet have fun in Jamaica!

#789 BachataBride

BachataBride
                  • Banned
                  • 9,310 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:00 PM

Sounds like you're almost all set Kate! Good job!!
                    I have a few things left to clue up too - and if I don't then it!!

I just wanted to let all you lovely ladies know that I am not going to be able to post my planning thread before I leave. I know, I know...I was nagging everyone else. But it is going to be a lot of work resizing pics etc. I promise to finish it & post when I get back!! Here is the link to my "good bye" post though...hope it suffices for now!! http://bestdestinati....314#post661187

Thank you all for being there!

#790 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 8,921 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 04:53 PM

Oops Amanda! I did forget to post it on here... my bad. I did it this morning while on a conf call and then took off for the afternoon running errands!

Here is my planning thread girls:
                      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35299

Everyone have a great time and we'll all catch up soon....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users