Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cutierosie

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

HELP...please!

 

For those of you who have already been through this nerve wrecking experience or for anyone who might know, I have a couple of questions.

 

First, I have always wanted a beach wedding so when my WC sent me pics of the gazebos I told her that I would rather have our ceremony on the beach. She had no problem with that and told me, "the beach it will be". I've been reading some reviews and noticed that a few people had the same idea that I did and then when they arrived at their resort they changed to a gazebo location. Whyhuh.gif Can anyone tell me if the beach weddings aren't as private, appealing, too pricey, what is ithuh.gif

 

Second, I have this awful tattoo on my finger that I've been having removed for almost 1 year now. It's much lighter than it used to be but unfortunately it's still there =( Does anyone know if the onsite photographers are able to airbrush any pictures that my finger may be in? I've tried lot's of things to cover it up but nothing works like I would like it to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLO View Post
HELP...please!

For those of you who have already been through this nerve wrecking experience or for anyone who might know, I have a couple of questions.

First, I have always wanted a beach wedding so when my WC sent me pics of the gazebos I told her that I would rather have our ceremony on the beach. She had no problem with that and told me, "the beach it will be". I've been reading some reviews and noticed that a few people had the same idea that I did and then when they arrived at their resort they changed to a gazebo location. Whyhuh.gif Can anyone tell me if the beach weddings aren't as private, appealing, too pricey, what is ithuh.gif

Second, I have this awful tattoo on my finger that I've been having removed for almost 1 year now. It's much lighter than it used to be but unfortunately it's still there =( Does anyone know if the onsite photographers are able to airbrush any pictures that my finger may be in? I've tried lot's of things to cover it up but nothing works like I would like it to.
They have a salon there you should ask if they do Makeup airbrushing. The girl who does my makeup, does it and has done it to my girlfriend and you would never know that she had one on her back. Hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer43 View Post
Hey Camie....Where in Dallas are you at? I live up in Carrollton!

I am looking for more details on the Grand side. I know there hasn't been much official information released, but is there anywhere over there that would be a good location for the rehearsal dinner? I have photos of the rooftop deck/bar above the carribean restaurant, but I have been told that can't be used for a big group...anyone else know anything?

I am 6 months out and am definitely hitting the wedding planning mode!
Hi Jennifer,

I live in the Lakewood area of Dallas, near White Rock Lake but I work in Carrollton - small world! Our wedding is one week before yours; what day are you arriving at the resort? Our last day there is the May 5thsad.gif

I personally do not have any details on the Grand side but my aunt did visit MP when Grand was still somewhat under construction and she stated that the Carribean restaurant was awesome. Can you send me the photos you have of the rooftop deck/bar? I'm more or less curious as to what it looks like... scherfcamie@hotmail.com

Thank you,
Camie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camie78 View Post
Hi MP Brides,

Question for you... We do not have a group contract and we've setup the private reception/cocktail hour but did not get any sort of formal contract for the private reception/cocktail hour back from my WC. Our WC sent us an email confirmation and that was the end of it.

I'm curious to know if there are any other brides out there who do not have a group contract but have confirmed a private reception - specifically I'm wondering if you received a formal contract (sort of like the formal contact you received when confirming your wedding date/package). I asked my WC if I should expect to see a formal contract and she said that they only issue formal contracts for the group rates/pricing and the wedding package. I feel like I should have something more than an email confirmation from my WC... Maybe not??
I've answered my own question...

I asked my WC for clarification on the contact thing (not sure why I am so nervous about not having a formal contract) and she explained that there isn't an official contract for private functions, cocktail parties, etc and that the email confirmation she sent is considered the contract and confirmation of services to be provided.

Just wanted to post as an FYI. My nerves are now at ease.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by lor View Post
They have a salon there you should ask if they do Makeup airbrushing. The girl who does my makeup, does it and has done it to my girlfriend and you would never know that she had one on her back. Hope this helps.
Thank you very much, great idea! I will definitely check with my WC about the services offered at the salon, other than the usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLO View Post
Thank you very much, great idea! I will definitely check with my WC about the services offered at the salon, other than the usual.
Hey KLO, from what I know the cost of the beach wedding is a lot more expensive than a gazebo wedding because of the decorations. The beach wedding is more expensive than the gazebo by $250-$1000 depending on the decorations you choose with the resort in addition to any other decorations you are interested in...


Like you I am interested in a beach wedding...and I can't wait to get it...even if it is more expensive than the gazebo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I leave in 12 hours for MP!!! (holy crap!)

 

And of course my fiance and I started worrying that he may need closed toe shoes for some of the restaurants. Does any one know whether this may be true?? He is wearing sandals at the wedding, but it would be terrible if he were banned from our wedding dinner because of his shoes!!!

 

Thanks,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson_jc View Post
I leave in 12 hours for MP!!! (holy crap!)

And of course my fiance and I started worrying that he may need closed toe shoes for some of the restaurants. Does any one know whether this may be true?? He is wearing sandals at the wedding, but it would be terrible if he were banned from our wedding dinner because of his shoes!!!

Thanks,

Mexico is very relaxed about the clothing at restaurants near the beach...I highly doubt he will have a problem because of his sandals....you can go by the restaurant sometime before the dinner and check out the restaurant to find out straight from the source.

Anyway, good luck with your wedding!!! we would love to hear all about your wedding when you return :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutierosie View Post
Hey KLO, from what I know the cost of the beach wedding is a lot more expensive than a gazebo wedding because of the decorations. The beach wedding is more expensive than the gazebo by $250-$1000 depending on the decorations you choose with the resort in addition to any other decorations you are interested in...


Like you I am interested in a beach wedding...and I can't wait to get it...even if it is more expensive than the gazebo.
I thought that might be a reason why...but I've always wanted a beach wedding! What will you be wearing when it comes to foot attire? I, unfortunately, am too short to not wear heals =( My MOH is 6', BM is 6'1", FI is 5'11", and then there's me...5'2". I know it won't be easy but since there's a runner...I guess I'll survive =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLO View Post
I thought that might be a reason why...but I've always wanted a beach wedding! What will you be wearing when it comes to foot attire? I, unfortunately, am too short to not wear heals =( My MOH is 6', BM is 6'1", FI is 5'11", and then there's me...5'2". I know it won't be easy but since there's a runner...I guess I'll survive =)
Hey KLO, from the pictures I saw of the runner for the beach wedding (brown colored runner), it appears to be sturdy...however, I don't know how sturdy. I plan on wearing high heels and have altered my dress with the assumption that I will be able to wear high heels. Your wedding is before mine, so I hope that you can give me your opinion once you are back about how sturdy it was... etc...

I have not seen pictures of a beach wedding at the moon palace, so if you come across any, please forward them to me. I would also love pics of your beach wedding... HOW EXCITING!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
  • Topics

×