Sign in to follow this  
Juniorbaby01

Caves/Negril Escape?

Hi everyone-

I'm new but i've spent way too many hours reading the board and you girls have been so helpful.

Has anyone gotten married at The Caves or Negril Escape?

I'm trying to decide between them.

We're all staying (about 50 guests) at Riu Negril.

thank you!

The Caves is beautiful, but I chose Negril Escape because it worked better with our budget. Found this link to pictures from a Feb. 08 wedding there & thought it was a beautiful location. Trying to decide on a beach hotel for my guests now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniorbaby01 View Post
do you know if the caves let people have a wedding w/o staying there?
Good question. We stayed at Couples Swept Away and I was investigating off-resort options for a reception (since all they had was the beach with no music or a completely closed in/big/stark banquet room).
I contacted pretty much all of them (sent out a ton of emails) with no luck. The resorts with restaurants (like the Rockhouse) were willing to book us a few tables, but couldn't do anything private. Other resorts (like Blue Cave Castle), told us that they could only do weddings and/or receptions for their own guests.
The only place I found that did weddings/private receptions for non-guests was Negril Escape and SeaSplash (private receptions anyway - that's were we ended up going).
It doesn't hurt to send them an email and ask though. You never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniorbaby01 View Post
Thanks. Yes those pics do look good. But from all the pictures I haven't seen the back drop of the restaurant where the reception is held.
Does anyone have any of those pics?
This slideshow has some reception pictures at Negril Escape.