Photo

Post-Wedding Bachelorette

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 AmandaR

AmandaR
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:19 AM

Has anyone here had or is having a Bacholerotte party after the wedding?

Mine was originally scheduled for this weekend, but scheduling conflicts forced my MOH to regretfully back out, and I didn't want to celebrate without her. With my wedding in just over a week, we decided to pick a weekend after the wedding.

Obviously we'll need to call it something other than a Bachelorette - anyone have any ideas?

Amanda

#2 lucy106

lucy106
    • 2,880 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:27 AM

That sounds like a great idea and will be a blast! Hmm as far as names go... "Wife's last bash", "Ball and Chain's night out"...I will have to think some more, let me go get some coffee and ponder this one..

#3 AmandaR

AmandaR
      • 241 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:33 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by lucy106
        That sounds like a great idea and will be a blast! Hmm as far as names go... "Wife's last bash", "Ball and Chain's night out"...I will have to think some more, let me go get some coffee and ponder this one..
        I love those ideas! Gee, if that's how brilliant your thinking is without coffee, you must be downright amazing once you've had that first sip!

Amanda

#4 lucy106

lucy106
        • 2,880 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:43 AM

"I said I do, lets party"...I guess I should ask are these for shirts or you just want to know what to call it on invites or to eachother?

#5 AmandaR

AmandaR
          • 241 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:46 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by lucy106
            "I said I do, lets party"...I guess I should ask are these for shirts or you just want to know what to call it on invites or to eachother?
            Most likely just for invites and to each other. BUT, now you put a wondrous idea in my head with the shirt talk...hmmm.

Amanda

#6 lucy106

lucy106
            • 2,880 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:51 AM

Sorry didnt mean to add an expense but I started thinking how the stuff I was throwing out there was a little longer then "Bachelorette" party.

#7 1elephant

1elephant
              • VIP Member
              • 15,998 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:59 AM

personally, if it's just to say to each other (rather than for shirts or something), i'd just take my rings off and call it a bachelorette party - my friends and i had so much fun that even though most of us are married, we're going to take turns being the bachelorette and do it again every few months!

#8 lucy106

lucy106
                • 2,880 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:00 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lauren c.
                  personally, if it's just to say to each other (rather than for shirts or something), i'd just take my rings off and call it a bachelorette party - my friends and i had so much fun that even though most of us are married, we're going to take turns being the bachelorette and do it again every few months!
                  Ha love that idea, great excuse to get together more often and have a blast!

#9 FYB87

FYB87
                  • 976 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:25 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by lauren c.
                    Sounds great!

#10 AmandaR

AmandaR
                    • 241 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 05:47 PM

I think taking the wedding ring off and still celebrating a Bachelorette is a good alternative to something totally new. I'm the first out of my friends to take the plunge. It'll be fun to alternate being Bachelorette when everyone is hitched!

Amanda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users