Photo

Propsed to at the Newton Faulkner concert

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:41 AM

My proposal really caught me by surprise!

We went on vacation to Carefree, AZ for a week. My finance, Grant, was going for work, and his boss was so kindy to pay for me to go along. He was only working a few hours a day so it really was like a vacation for us! My birthday was on Friday, the last day of our trip, so it was like a perfect week long birthday vacation. We stayed on this beautiful resort, and enjoyed the romantic getaway. Arizona is beautiful!

So Friday we were flying home, and the flight was cutting it close time wise for us. Grant was acting crazy from the time we got to the Phoneix airport till we got home. I didnt think to much of it though at the time. When we landed he was in such a rush, and Im like dude we will make the concert. Just chillax. We were going to see Newton Faulkner that night around 8pm. And we got landed in Detroit around 4:30 and had to go home and get the tickets, let out the dogs, etc.

At one point he sort of pushed the shuttle girl out of the way and grabbed both of our 50lb each suitcase out of the shuttle. (Although I do have to say in his defense, the shuttle girl was pretty damn lazy and slow!) I kept telling him to chill! And than reassured him if we dont have time we could skip the concert. And he said, no way, of course we are going. Its your birthday.

Little did I know he was a nervous wreck about things other than my birthday. oops!

Well we made it home and had enough time to play with the dogs for a bit. And off to the concert we went. Im so in love with Newton Faulkner right now, so was super excited for the concert. Well the concert was at the venue where Grant first told me he loved me 7 years ago. So while we were hanging out, I pointed upstairs and said, look there is where you confessed your love to me, and the rest is history. And gave him a kiss.

So we were jamming to the show, and than he said can we go sit down for a few? I said sure. Didnt think much of it since we both arent huge fans of general admission shows where your standing forever. I know we are getting old eh? LOL

The song that Newton Faulkner was singing when we chose to go sit down was, Dream Catch Me. (which is something Grant planned out) Here are the lyrics.

Quote:
    Every time I close my eyes
    It’s you and I know now
    Who I am

Yea yea yea and I know now

There’s a place I go
    When I’m alone
    Do anything I want
    Be anyone I wanna be
    But it is us I see
    And I cannot believe I’m fallin
    That’s where I’m goin
    Where are you goin
    Hold it close won’t let this go

Dream catch me, yea
    Dream catch me when I fall
    Or else I won’t come back at all

You do so much
    That you don’t know
    It’s true
    And I know now
    Who I am

Yea yea yea
    And I know now

There’s a place I go
    When I’m alone
    Do anything I want
    Be anyone I wanna be
    But it is us I see
    That’s where I’m goin
    Where are you goin

Dream catch me, yea

See you as a mountain
    A fountain of God
    See you as as a descant soul
    in the setting sun
    You as the sound

I’m young
    There’s a place I go
    When I’m alone
    Do anything I want
    Be anyone I wanna be
    But it is us I see

There’s a place I go
    When I’m alone
    Do anything I want
    Be anyone I wanna be
    But it is us I see
    That’s where I’m goin
    Where are you goin

Dream catch me, yea
    So we sat down on the floor against the wall, and he is starts his proposal speech (and I still had no clue what was about to happen!). It went like this, I have really enjoyed our romantic week together. We went on a hot air balloon ride, got a couples massage together, went horse back riding in the beautiful mountains, and now we are here where it all begin. The first place I said I love you, and the only place I would go to ask you to marry me. Than he got on one knee and said, Will you marry me?

I said, what are you doing?! Are you serious? Than I saw the ring and realized he was for real! Than the tears started, and I said YES, I love you!

:)

When I regained composure my heart melt while I noticed the ring in closer detail. He designed the ring himself, with turquoise and diamonds. The turquoise is to represent my native american hertiage.

So we sat, hugged, kissed, cried, and than enjoyed the rest of the concert. Than Grant preplanned for a few friends of ours meet us up at the bar afterwards, and we all celebrated. :)

It was absolutely perfect. And a perfect ending to an pretty much perfect week. :)

#2 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:45 AM

that is so sweet. I love that song! I recently got digital cable & it's on the adult alternative station a lot. I've been meaning to download it so I can listen to it more.

#3 JennyK

JennyK
      • 3,502 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:47 AM

thats so sweet!!!! That song will always be YOUR song :)

#4 alex

alex
        • 1,139 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:56 AM

What a beautiful story!! I just teared up a little reading it lol
          Congrats on your engagement (& on having such a sweet & thoughtful man!)

#5 Bride010101

Bride010101
          • 1,547 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:01 PM

Wow that is so sweet! Congrats : )

#6 FYB87

FYB87
            • 976 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:39 PM

What a beautiful proposal!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users