Sign in to follow this  
Jtds2713

Need DJ for Cancun

Hello everyone!

I need a good DJ for Dreams Cancun wedding. Claudia told me she does not work with outside coordinators. Is this true? For the Dreams Cancun brides, is this the case also with you? I really believe for the DJ, videographer and photographer, I really want to be the one to choose.

I need help with this one! Thanks!

I see. I will just pray the DJ will be a good one! Our wedding is not until November. I guess we would know from the Dreams Cancun brides who will get married before us. Thanks!

I am considering bringing our IPOD and using their speaker system to play that through, but I'm have to look into this a little more, I'm also hesitant to book certain things because I don't know how many people will actually end up going, and that will make a difference with some of my decisions.

Hi Jill

This is Jessica. someone told me it may not be a good idea to use an IPOD because there is a two second delay in between songs? Just a thought. Better they said to have CD with all of your fave songs.

I understand that the later model iPods will eliminate the gap and even crossfade if you set up iTunes on your computer to do it, then update your iPod. I can't test this since my iPod is ancient, but I checked the Mac message boards and they say it works. Check it out. The crossfade option is in the menus for Preferences > Playback on a Mac. I think on a PC it would be Options > Playback.

This is good to know because I have not purchased an IPOD yet, I've been waiting and we thought this would be a great excuse to finally get one because we can also use it for the wedding.

Also, I'm sure someone knows this. I already use itunes and have a bunch of songs downloaded, but I also have downloaded songs from some of my cd's to my computer, can you transfer those songs onto your IPOD? or is it only songs downloaded from itunes?