Need DJ for Cancun

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
  • 714 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:47 PM

Hello everyone!

I need a good DJ for Dreams Cancun wedding. Claudia told me she does not work with outside coordinators. Is this true? For the Dreams Cancun brides, is this the case also with you? I really believe for the DJ, videographer and photographer, I really want to be the one to choose.

I need help with this one! Thanks!

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:00 PM

most of the AI resorts in RM and cancun do not work with outside vendors. the few that do have a preferred vendor list that they will refer you do.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
    • 714 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:42 PM

I see. I will just pray the DJ will be a good one! Our wedding is not until November. I guess we would know from the Dreams Cancun brides who will get married before us. Thanks!

#4 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:20 PM

I am considering bringing our IPOD and using their speaker system to play that through, but I'm have to look into this a little more, I'm also hesitant to book certain things because I don't know how many people will actually end up going, and that will make a difference with some of my decisions.

#5 Jtds2713

Jtds2713
        • 714 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:32 PM

Hi Jill

This is Jessica. someone told me it may not be a good idea to use an IPOD because there is a two second delay in between songs? Just a thought. Better they said to have CD with all of your fave songs.

#6 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:31 PM

Thanks for the advice Jessica! Maybe a CD would be better, I'll have to investigate this some more. Are you getting a dj?

#7 PaulSchrank

PaulSchrank
            • Vendor
            • 237 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:35 AM

I understand that the later model iPods will eliminate the gap and even crossfade if you set up iTunes on your computer to do it, then update your iPod. I can't test this since my iPod is ancient, but I checked the Mac message boards and they say it works. Check it out. The crossfade option is in the menus for Preferences > Playback on a Mac. I think on a PC it would be Options > Playback.

#8 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:49 AM

This is good to know because I have not purchased an IPOD yet, I've been waiting and we thought this would be a great excuse to finally get one because we can also use it for the wedding.

Also, I'm sure someone knows this. I already use itunes and have a bunch of songs downloaded, but I also have downloaded songs from some of my cd's to my computer, can you transfer those songs onto your IPOD? or is it only songs downloaded from itunes?

#9 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:52 AM

check with Anny on this one. I think Jilly is using an ipod.
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 10 February 2007 - 03:50 PM

i brought my ipod, cd, and hired a dj...just to be safe.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users