Mexican Wedding Flags

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Celina

Celina
  • Banned
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:33 AM

I found a place in PV to make them so we are going to wait till we get there to buy them! I am so excited to get them!
    "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#22 Celina

Celina
    • Banned
    • 2,811 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:38 AM

Actually, this is the wording from virtualvallarta.com

In Vallarta, the place to buy it and maybe even see it being made is Libreria y Papeleria Limon at Venustiano Carranza 315 in the South Side. While elaborate cutouts and those made of plastic are sold here but not made locally, tissue paper and scissors at every work station let staff make this cheery people's art to order whenever they have a free moment. Expect to pay only about $2 USD for a 27-foot string of it.

I am going to e-mail Mishka Designs and see if she knows if this place is still there. I hope it is because I was going to go there to get my picado papel from them when we got there.

If it is and when we get there it is great, I'll let you guys know.
      "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#23 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,921 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 12:06 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE
        Actually, this is the wording from virtualvallarta.com

In Vallarta, the place to buy it and maybe even see it being made is Libreria y Papeleria Limon at Venustiano Carranza 315 in the South Side. While elaborate cutouts and those made of plastic are sold here but not made locally, tissue paper and scissors at every work station let staff make this cheery people's art to order whenever they have a free moment. Expect to pay only about $2 USD for a 27-foot string of it.

I am going to e-mail Mishka Designs and see if she knows if this place is still there. I hope it is because I was going to go there to get my picado papel from them when we got there.

If it is and when we get there it is great, I'll let you guys know.
        Wow! That would save a TON of money too!

#24 chiefscribe

chiefscribe
        • 33 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:15 PM

What did you find out? We'll be in PVR next week and would love to investigate custom papel picado while we're there. Most likely we will get organic tissue paper and have it done through casa bonampak, but we're checking out all the alternatives.

#25 MAK

MAK
          • 89 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:18 PM

Has anyone had these banners customized?? And if so, I would love pricing info.

Thanks!

Mona

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users