becks

VIP

• VIP Member
  • 4,881 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:37 AM

I wore LM at my wedding. It was great! It was hot, humid... and my make up stayed perfect - even thru the dancing!

I got the oil-free foundation primer and the loose powder. Made a big difference!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#62 *Casey*

*Casey*
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:41 AM

I've been wanting to get a makeover for forever! I've used MAC pretty much since High School and am kind of getting bored with my everyday look. I'm definitely going to try Laura Mercier after reading this thread. I've also heard great things about Smashbox. I've heard that it's what most photographers actually prefer.

#63 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:24 PM

I've never used smashbox foundation but i've used their eyeshadows, blush and lipsticks before. It was pretty nice. The colors are very strong, so a little will do. KWIM
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#64 tvt

tvt
      • VIP Member
      • 4,812 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:52 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Just Martha
        Tara, your make-up looks great! Did you buy any of it?

I used the bronzer for the wedding and I really liked it. Someday I will post my review with pictures.....I have only been married for like 3 weeks and I have been promising my review 2 days after we got back. I am such a slacker!
        I sure did! I bought 326 dollars worth! I love it.

I've been practicing my eye make up a little bit each day. Nothing crazy, but the other day at work my coworker goes. "OK, did you get new eyes? Why are they so green!" Yeah, it was totally the eyeshadow, so that was promising!

#65 mforbes

mforbes
        • 187 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:46 AM

This thread has inspired me to go and buy some LM at Ulta!

#66 lucy106

lucy106
          • 2,880 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:20 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by mforbes
            This thread has inspired me to go and buy some LM at Ulta!
            It's at ULTA too? I thought it was just at Sephora. Sweet!! Thanks for the info!

#67 Samantha S

Samantha S
            • 369 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:25 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by kacie3344
              I've been wanting to get a makeover for forever! I've used MAC pretty much since High School and am kind of getting bored with my everyday look. I'm definitely going to try Laura Mercier after reading this thread. I've also heard great things about Smashbox. I've heard that it's what most photographers actually prefer.
              I tried out Smashbox's powder and it didn't work so great for me. BUT, I didn't try it with any of their other products such as foundation, primer, etc. I'm sure that would have made a difference but it was actually greasy looking after not too long and the color was very orange on me too and it was the second to lightest color. I use Chanel powder and I LOVE it but if I go with all Chanel, I'll pay up the rear for it so I'm thinking of doing a make up trial with Laura Mercier. It says everywhere not to use foundation with spf in it for photos but I'm finding that most foundations these days have spf, even smashbox...??

#68 tvt

tvt
              • VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:14 PM

Hey girls. For those of you that have the LM eye conscealer, how the heck to you apply it?

I tried the other day... holy shit I looked like an 80 year old woman. I have the beginings of wrinkles around my eyes, but whatever I did with the conscealer made it look like i was 80!

#69 mforbes

mforbes
                • 187 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:58 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lucy106
                  It's at ULTA too? I thought it was just at Sephora. Sweet!! Thanks for the info!
                  Oops! Not at Ulta... They have Smashbox but not LM...

#70 Samantha S

Samantha S
                  • 369 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:17 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by tvt
                    Hey girls. For those of you that have the LM eye conscealer, how the heck to you apply it?

I tried the other day... holy shit I looked like an 80 year old woman. I have the beginings of wrinkles around my eyes, but whatever I did with the conscealer made it look like i was 80!
                    I think you just need a tiny bit and you're supposed to use a 'special' brush to apply it. I know it's supposed to be the *greatest* concealer but it was a little ooey-gooey for me. The brush they try to sell with it is apparently synthetic and is supposed to be. Are you using a brush to apply it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users