South Tahoe Wedding

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 amyt

amyt
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 06:29 PM

Hello Everyone,

My name is Amy andI'm planning an April 2009 wedding in South Lake Tahoe. I'm just at the beginning stages of planning so I welcome all ideas and suggestions!

Thanks,
    Amy

#2 JessicaM

JessicaM
    • Vendor
    • 1,969 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 06:37 PM

Welcome to the forum....where at South Lake Tahoe are you looking at? I live in Reno...about 30 minutes from there. Lake Tahoe is a gorgeous place to have a wedding!!

#3 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 20 April 2008 - 06:44 PM

Welcome, I am from Reno originally and like Jessica said Tahoe will be a beautiful place to have a wedding...oh and random I live in VA too!
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 amyt

amyt
      • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 06:49 PM

We're going to visit at the end of the month...I've never been to Tahoe before. I'm thinking about Embassy Suites or Harvey's. I'm also planning a wedding in a church so really just need a reception location.

Is the weather really bad in April? It's obviously much cheaper then but it looks really pretty at any time...

#5 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 20 April 2008 - 06:53 PM

hmm the weather can be pretty iffy in April, don't expect real warm temperatures.
        Is it a church in South Tahoe? I would say also look into the Montblue (formerly Ceasar's), they have recently remodeled it and the rooms are nice.
        StephanieMN was also looking at the South Tahoe area so you might want to PM her.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#6 Angel

Angel
        • 2,635 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 06:53 PM

Welcome to the forum. Though I know nothing about Nevada, but I am from VA too. Happy planning!!!

#7 amyt

amyt
          • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 06:54 PM

Thanks! I appreciate the advice!! I'm looking at a Catholic Church -- St. Theresa's or Our Lady of Tahoe...

#8 Christine

Christine
            • VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:03 PM

anytime, let us know how we can be of help.

#9 FYB87

FYB87
            • 976 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:12 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

#10 JessicaM

JessicaM
              • Vendor
              • 1,969 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:22 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by amyt
                We're going to visit at the end of the month...I've never been to Tahoe before. I'm thinking about Embassy Suites or Harvey's. I'm also planning a wedding in a church so really just need a reception location.

Is the weather really bad in April? It's obviously much cheaper then but it looks really pretty at any time...
                Embassy Suites are really nice.....right now the weather goes from 70 degrees to last night and it snowed. You can't predict anything with reno/lake tahoe weather here. Like Christine said too MontBlu is really nice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users