Flight date CHANGED!!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 lambert13

lambert13
  • 901 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:58 PM

Did she give you a reason?

Did you tell her to f**k off and find you a flight on the day you were supposed to leave?

Did you check if another airline has service on that day?

I just did a quick search and found at least 105 flights leaving Toronto and going to Punta Cana on November 19th.

Am I missing something here?

#12 BeachBride82

BeachBride82
    • 51 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:18 PM

The vacation company that we used bumped our arrival and departure dates by one day. They waited until all of our guests paid for their trips in full (two weeks ago and all of the other vacation companies flights are sold out)! I had planned to spend the day after the wedding relaxing with friends and family in Cancun. Now we have to be at the airport at 8am, the morning after the wedding! Plus, all of my guests have to request an additional vacation day from work.

There's no way to change our wedding date--we have had all of the vendors and a boat dinner cruise booked for the past year. I feel your pain. I tried to contact the vacation company and they told me that changes to charter flights happen all the time, and all they are legally obligated to do is provide you with a new flight or a full refund. If you can, see if your TA can get you some compensation (i.e., a refund, not gift certificates (we will not be using the company again!)), that's what I did.

You are lucky in the sense that you have been given several months notice. Your tickets haven't been released, so there is still time to change to a different vacation provider.

#13 newfiebride

newfiebride
      • 196 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:12 PM

oh man, that sucks!!...and it worries me...what airline is the one that changes last minute and how last minute do they change it

I'm flying with Air Transat next week..should i be worried

#14 Martha

Martha
        • VIP Member
        • 3,906 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:18 PM

Because of gas prices are going up, a lot of flights are being cancelled. My grandmother is no longer able to come to my wedding because she would be leaving from a small airport and the airline she was going to fly out on, has cut down arrivals and departures to that airpor.

Your flight was probably cancelled, but she should find a better solution for you. I don't know if she could swich airlines for you...maybe a TA can chime in here!

I am sorry.

#15 angitalia23

angitalia23
          • 1,029 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:38 PM

Im so sorry this happened. That is crap!!!! These airlines are freaking me out, i hope everything works out for you- keep us posted!
            Anthony & Angela
            19 June 2008

#16 dragonfly

dragonfly
            • 1,820 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:09 PM

Jason in Canada it is usually a charter flight for ai trips, they are hotel/flights combo's so it is not like we can just say put us on another plane. Prices are much cheaper going this way for us. Not too many Canadians book their flight and hotels seperately.

#17 Christine

Christine
              • VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:11 PM

is it a charter flight?
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#18 dragonfly

dragonfly
              • 1,820 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:27 PM

I am assuming since the poster is from where I am from it is. Flights to the DR that are not chartered are so expensive here, way more then the price of a whole package deal, I could be wrong but i would be surprised if i was.

#19 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:28 PM

that's what I figured Kelly, and in that case, you don't have much of a choice they can change the flights right?
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#20 dragonfly

dragonfly
                • 1,820 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:37 PM

yup, we are at the will of the company, and it happens all the time. Chartered vacations many times overbook the resort and end up sending people to a different location, this happened to me when I went to jamaica, I ended up being sent to another resort (better one, but still) That was more of my fear then having my flight changed when we got married, we were assured that weddings are given priority if at all possible, though. This is a chance we all take when booking chartered vacations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users