Photo

Music professional edit/merge-anyone know how to or know someone who does?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Lorilou

Lorilou
  • 533 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:49 PM

My FI and I are dancing our first dance to "Everything" by Michael Bubble but than want to go into a Latin Salsa or Mambo. OUr dance instructors said to have the two songs professionally edited/merged into one 3 minute song. Does anyone know how to do this? Or does anyone know someone who does? I need some help please!! :)))

#2 Lorilou

Lorilou
    • 533 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:03 AM

Anyone, anyone....Bueller, Bueller

#3 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
      • 1,266 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:08 AM

I would use audacity and just overlap them. I do have a friend who could probably do it for you. Hes in Houston. I could ask him.

#4 Lorilou

Lorilou
        • 533 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:12 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by BarefootBride
          I would use audacity and just overlap them. I do have a friend who could probably do it for you. Hes in Houston. I could ask him.
          Sorry i'm so naive, what is "Audacity"? If you don't mind, could you ask? thanks a bunch!!!

#5 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,368 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:17 AM

Your dance instructor may have some names for you as well.

#6 Lorilou

Lorilou
            • 533 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:25 AM

yes, she does, but wants to charge me an arm and a leg. if i can do it myself, that's huge!

#7 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:32 AM

There are programs for doing this. I guess audacity is a program. I've been meaning to look into this. I'll try to do it soon so I can get back to you with info. I don't think it's hard to merge two songs. You just want them to blend together? Or are you mixing them up like a DJ?

If you just want them to fade into each other that shouldn't be hard.

#8 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:33 AM

Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

#9 Lorilou

Lorilou
                  • 533 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:49 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Morgan
                    There are programs for doing this. I guess audacity is a program. I've been meaning to look into this. I'll try to do it soon so I can get back to you with info. I don't think it's hard to merge two songs. You just want them to blend together? Or are you mixing them up like a DJ?

If you just want them to fade into each other that shouldn't be hard.
                    we are not doing anything too crazy. just want them to fade into each other. So just blending out of one and into the other. if you figure it out, I'd LOVE it. you are wonderful to look into it and so talented with figuring these things out. THANK YOU!

#10 DJ_Jeff

DJ_Jeff
                    • Banned
                    • 16 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:52 AM

I could do that for you being a DJ/Producer or really anyone can who has a nice computer with correct software, a kid in the neigborhood perhaps. The two songs could also be mixed live at the point you choose if you are having a DJ play at your wedding. Hope that helps. Feel free to check back.

P.S. You can do it on iTunes on a Mac or PC if you just want a simple crossfade. There is a setting for adjusting the transition too. Then record onto CD. That is likely your easiest way to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users