Photo

Qustion on snapfish photobooks

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cole5worm

Cole5worm
  • 371 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:14 PM

Hello ladies! I am wanting to make my BM scrapbooks but these bound books look so much easieri. My question is what size is best.. i was thinking the 8x10 or the 5x7. Also i have some photos that say low resaloution, not recomended. did anyone have this too and did they come out okay?

Thanks Ladies

#2 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:23 PM

If they say "low res" they will probably not look good. They only put up that warning when it's really low.

I think 5x7 books would be good for BM gifts unless you have a lot of pictures to use. Also, that way you can make them smaller so the resolution isn't a problem.

If you look on ebay, you can probably find cheap codes for 5x7 books that expire 3/31. They are for shutterfly though.

#3 Cole5worm

Cole5worm
      • 371 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:55 PM

Thanks Morgan. I think I am going to go with Shutterfly.. they have better background pages and a discount yay! thanks!!!!

#4 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:04 PM

a red triangle or square pops up if it's too low res on shutterfly to warn you. You can put it in a smaller frame & see if you can still use it.

#5 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:16 PM

Also to let you know, the 5x7 Shutterfly books are not what I expected them to be. I had the idea they were going to be nice hardcover books like the ones I had previously ordered. When I got them in the mail (less than a week, I think) altho they looked nice, they were very very thin, soft cover books. The entire book was less than 1/4 inch thick, the cover (front&back) was no thicker than 100lb weight cardstock. The quality is very good, pics crisp and clear and true to color, but the book itself was just not what I was expecting! For $3.24 each tho, who can complain?! :)

I would recommend the 8x8 book, nice little size and, HARDCOVER!

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:19 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by DougsGirl
            Also to let you know, the 5x7 Shutterfly books are not what I expected them to be. I had the idea they were going to be nice hardcover books like the ones I had previously ordered. When I got them in the mail (less than a week, I think) altho they looked nice, they were very very thin, soft cover books. Like less than 1/4 inch thick, the cover (front&back) was no thicker than 100lb weight cardstock. The quality is very good, pics crisp and clear and true to color, but the book itself was just not what I was expecting! For $3.24 each tho, who can complain?! :)
            I haven't ordered mine yet so I didn't know. That's too bad. I think it will still be nice for a little gift for my gma.

The 8x8 books have a hard cover. You can also put a big picture on the front.

#7 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:25 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Morgan
            I haven't ordered mine yet so I didn't know. That's too bad. I think it will still be nice for a little gift for my gma.
            thats what i figured too :) but for our parents, just a cute little memento.
            The 8x8 books have a hard cover. You can also put a big picture on the front.
            we liked the hardcover so much more, BUT we like the little book too :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users