Photo

Past Majestic Colonial Brides...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lscilley

lscilley
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:32 PM

I was looking for anyone who has been married at the Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana.
    I am curious as to what you did for a reception/dance?
    I want to rent the Parrot Bar but Larissa said I can only rent it if we have an open bar the whole time! The issue is there are alot of non-drinkers in my group and I find it a little outrageous to pay almost $2000.00 for 3hrs of booze which most people won't even use!
    I was willing to pay a higher rental fee to have it without the open bar but she said no.
    Any ideas or suggestions from past brides would be great help!

#2 RU2008

RU2008
    • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:11 AM

Hi. I'm getting married at the majestic in August and to rent for bar for the night is like $250 - $300. You don't need to have the open bar to rent out the bar!! Good luck.

#3 lscilley

lscilley
      • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:54 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by RU2008
        Hi. I'm getting married at the majestic in August and to rent for bar for the night is like $250 - $300. You don't need to have the open bar to rent out the bar!! Good luck.
        Hey yes other brides have told me I don't have to have the open bar but Larissa keeps saying I do so I gave up on trying to change that.

#4 Copita

Copita
        • 979 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:48 AM

^^ I wonder why they are telling you both different things? Can you maybe talk to the manager lscilley? That's not right.

#5 EDYTA

EDYTA
          • 1,277 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:19 PM

My fiend Cali who is on the forum just went to her sister in laws wedding at the majestic you should pm her she would probably know...her user name is calipieroway

#6 portugirl8

portugirl8
            • 38 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:27 PM

Iscilley, the reason Larissa may be demanding you purchase the open bar the whole time could be because the Parrot bar is an actual bar and not restaurant. I checked the Majestic elegance website just to make sure. You may want to ask her if this would apply if you were to rent one of the restaurants.

#7 SOON TO BE WED

SOON TO BE WED
              • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:43 PM

You can also go on facebook.com they have a group named "majestic colonial brides" it has past and future brides. All the brides are very helpful!

#8 andime85

andime85
                • 27 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:24 PM

lscilley, did you ever get an answer to this? I am wondering the same thing!! The open bar prices are outrageous!!

#9 CJ2013

CJ2013
                  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:38 AM

Hello, I cant find the Majestic Colonial Brides facebook group.. do you think you could post a link for me?

Thanks

#10 CJ2013

CJ2013
                    • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by SOON TO BE WED 

You can also go on facebook.com they have a group named "majestic colonial brides" it has past and future brides. All the brides are very helpful!

Could you post a link to this facebook group please? I can't Find it. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users