6 replies to this topic

#1 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,752 posts
  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 21 March 2008 - 01:41 PM

Ok, we got our proof back for our invitations from White Aisle. They let you do 3 rounds of changes for free, but because I have the nicest, full version of photoshop on my computer at work, I thought I would play with moving things around instead of asking them to do it and waiting to hear back, then if I don't like it, I just used up one of my rounds and spent days waiting. Why wait to have them do it when I can do it myself, right?

Here's the problem. I want to make a box and copy the text, then move it elsewhere on the invitation. It worked fine with one piece, but now another one is not allowing me to do it. It tells me that it cant copy the box because it's empty. I'm stumped and the art director isnt here today. Anybody know how to solve this?

My photobucket is still being screwy and i cant upload a photo. I'm trying to erase some of our personal info in photoshop and then will try posting using a different image host.

#2 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,752 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:30 PM

morgan, can you help?

#3 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:32 PM

HAAA. finally i get here to answer your photoshop questiions before morgan does

you need to check the layer you have selected. most likely the selection box you have is in a layer that contains nothing right there...

reselect the layer with the text you want selected and copy that.. should work.. if not let me know

PS MORGAN.... "you got serrrrrvvvvedddddd" (not that it was a very difficult question but i finally beat you to the punch. you must be busy working on something or in the bathroom) hahah

#4 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
    • 530 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:35 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jean-marcus
      PS MORGAN.... "you got serrrrrvvvvedddddd"
      now thats funny!!

#5 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:48 PM

Quote:

you need to check the layer you have selected. most likely the selection box you have is in a layer that contains nothing right there...

reselect the layer with the text you want selected and copy that.. should work.. if not let me know

PS MORGAN.... "you got serrrrrvvvvedddddd" (not that it was a very difficult question but i finally beat you to the punch. you must be busy working on something or in the bathroom) hahah
      ok that worked! thanks! is there an easier way for me to select a box, and scoot it down instead of copying, cutting and pasting it where i want it to go?

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:55 PM

Quote:

Ha Ha!! I was busy with my E. coli.

BTW, I love your new title.

#7 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
        • 1,565 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:58 PM

do you mean to move the text field or to move the selection field. wasnt quite sure what you meant by that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users