Sign in to follow this  
memz

So what would be the best...

I am looking for a AI adults only, relaxing, but with a lot of activities to choose from resort.

I will probably be eloping, although we might end up with a couple of friends. So I want a free wedding package with additional options that are not to costly (like the 1200 for photography at sandals..although I have heard you can buy a la carte...not confirmed ...) So what do you all think?

I have been going over this for the past 3 months and still have not found a place that has everything I want.

Help smile105.gif

You would probably find a Travel Agent very helpful to narrow down your search. They would be able to give you ideas based on your location and price range. My other suggestion would be to go through the reviews that previous brides have written about their experiences.

There are a few TA's on the board that I'm sure would be able to help you out if you don't already have one.

I have been to Sandals St Lucia and Sandals Grand Bahamaian. Loved both but would vote for St Lucia first!

Besides suggestions a TA is definitely the way to go, they will have a ton of great input.

By activities do you mean water sports or land activities?

For water sports I would recommend Sandals Negril, complete with banana boat rides (that would make for an interesting TTD photoshoot!) , water skiing, kyaks, hobie cats adf so on - plus the beach there is to die for and the most amazing sunsets. The nightlife while not out of control is entertaining.

Sandals Dunns River Villagio is a beautiful resort and in a great location for land based activities!

The pictures I have also heard you can purchase seperately. I am going to Jamaica and sitting down with the WC's so I will ask ( I will also ask at the photoshop :)! )

Now St. Lucia Sandals Grande will provide both amazing land & water activities! I love that resort- it's georgeous!

TA Jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Jennifer View Post
By activities do you mean water sports or land activities?

For water sports I would recommend Sandals Negril, complete with banana boat rides (that would make for an interesting TTD photoshoot!) , water skiing, kyaks, hobie cats adf so on - plus the beach there is to die for and the most amazing sunsets. The nightlife while not out of control is entertaining.

Sandals Dunns River Villagio is a beautiful resort and in a great location for land based activities!

The pictures I have also heard you can purchase seperately. I am going to Jamaica and sitting down with the WC's so I will ask ( I will also ask at the photoshop :)! )

Now St. Lucia Sandals Grande will provide both amazing land & water activities! I love that resort- it's georgeous!

TA Jennifer

OMG that would be hilarious, a banan boat TTD!! I wonder if I could do the water trampoline at DC for my TTD, hmmmmmm

I'm getting married at Sandals Royal Carribean on Apr 1. You can purchase pictures a la carte and they send you the pricing once you book the wedding. I went with an a la carte package myself.

Ask away if you have any other questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memz View Post
I am looking for a AI adults only, relaxing, but with a lot of activities to choose from resort.

I will probably be eloping, although we might end up with a couple of friends. So I want a free wedding package with additional options that are not to costly (like the 1200 for photography at sandals..although I have heard you can buy a la carte...not confirmed ...) So what do you all think?

I have been going over this for the past 3 months and still have not found a place that has everything I want.

Help smile105.gif
I was told by past Sandals brides that if you purchase the a la carte pictures you can purchase the negitives at the resort for $200. The wedding planner will not admit to this to me but I called the wedding department and a lady there said they would do that but told me she was not supposed to tell anyone that. From what I understand, if you by say the 24 5x7's you get 48 (double) negitves pictures you can reproduce at home. I am banking on being able to do this since I am having just 4 of us total there. We are having a reception at home and I want to have something to show off.

Thanks everyone.

You are helping me a lot. I checked out everythig you suggested and sandals negril sounds awesome. Now some other questions...

It says on their website that you get the free wedding package if you book a concierge room category or higher for 6 nights...but in the small prints it says: ***Guest not meeting the promotion requirements still qualify for the free wedding package but must pay the Government / Administrative fees.

So does anyone know if that actually means that if I book a lower room category I still get all that the free wedding package includes minus the gov/admin fees of 200US for jamaica??

If that is what it means then I think we are all set...finally.

And logorman do you have the information for the a la carte photos and videos..if so that would be a great help, you can PM me if you want.

Oh and I almost forgot does anyone know if we can swim with the dolphins there ?

Thanks I don't know what I would have done without you guys

Yes, lower room cats still get the free wedding inclusons- they just have to pay the two hundred dollars goverment fee.

No swim with dolphins in Negril but you can in Momtego Bay which will be about an hour and a half drive.

If you need any assistance with planning and your guests travel arrangements just let me know!

I will be going to Sandals and speaking with the wedding staff from April 7-12.

Any questions or sites that you would like for me to ask/take pics of?

Post here or Pm me!

Ta Jennifer