Having an invitation mini-crisis, can you help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacgarcia View Post
Oh Maura I'd love to be able to do them but my baby will be born in a month so I don't think I would be able to have them on time! thanks for considering me though!
aw anny i forgot you were so close to your due date! monkey.gif felicidades, you must be so excited!

let me know after the baby is born when you are ready to start doing some small orders. i wanted to have some really nice sobresitos made for mi cuñada y mi suegra too at some point.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, so i ordered a sample frm white aisle. it should arrive within 2-5 days. i will post photos when i get it and report back on the quality too! thanks everybody :) dont know what id do without you!

i got some requests asking to post the ugly ones... i will have to do it sometime later today when i can get to a scanner. but theyre hideous i promise. my FI took one look and said "absofuckinglutely unacceptable" hahaha

I didn't take pics of it because they weren't something to brag about. Everyone does such beautiful invites I thought mine wouldn't be too helpful. I only made like 15 so I just did something quick. I wasn't quite on top of it. It was a DIY project.

I have the template but no pic of finished product. I printed them on a shimmery paper and placed them in an evelopment like so:

Click the image to open in full size.

If needed I can try to take a pic sometime this weekend of them.

rach, are you even doing a planning thread before you go? i feel like youve been so chill that i dont even really know what you're doing! i cant believe you do the deed in 2 weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauraw View Post
i suppose on the rsvp enclosure we could direct them to the website for info on accomodations... so that cuts out one enclosure and brings the cost down to $4.75 per invitation set. which is much more agreeable! we absolutely have to have the RSVP enclosure for obvious reasons and the reception card because the ceremony and reception are not at the same location.
when do you plan on sending these out? I think the accomdations info might be useless because I would think most people would already be booked by the time you send them- at least it was for me. You are also having people from Mexico attending so I'm assuming some of the info would be for them as well. But they probably wouldn't need their hand held in this process as much as our dear American guests would. Some of my guests have never been to Mexico- you should hear the questions I get!

Personally- I would direct them to the website and save money. It's the 21st century- our invitations are evolving. :)

Quote:
rach, are you even doing a planning thread before you go? i feel like youve been so chill that i dont even really know what you're doing! i cant believe you do the deed in 2 weeks!
I hope to do one but I fear that I may be finishing up some projects on the plane. haha I suck. Being a chill bride is definitely less stressful, but truly, I can't say if it's better. That just means I've had a gives.gif attitude.

I'm more about the experience than the planning. Never thought I would be like this either.

Quote:
I have a theory that rachel isn't a bride getting married in 2 weeks. She is just someone that wanted to be on the BDW forum all day because it's so much fun so she faked a fiance and a wedding. That isn't really her in the pictures. Has anyone met her? Does anyone have any evidence that she is who she says she is? She could be a dude for all we know. Too chill for a bride with 2 weeks to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
when do you plan on sending these out? I think the accomdations info might be useless because I would think most people would already be booked by the time you send them- at least it was for me. You are also having people from Mexico attending so I'm assuming some of the info would be for them as well. But they probably wouldn't need their hand held in this process as much as our dear American guests would. Some of my guests have never been to Mexico- you should hear the questions I get!

Personally- I would direct them to the website and save money. It's the 21st century- our invitations are evolving. :)
we need to send them saturday may 10th so they have a week of transit time (some are going to europe: the UK, germany, france, spain; those may take an additional couple of days to get there, although one STD that went to the UK got there quicker than one sent to richmond, VA haha by like 3 days!) and then guests have 6 weeks to RSVP by june 28th.

the westin wants every last head counted by july 5th, so i figured i should give myself a small cushion in case i have to make calls to any stragglers. we put on the STDs that the room block will be released june 1st, but the truth is that it wont be released until july 9th -- again, we did this because we thought we would have some stragglers. that way basically most everyone will have booked a month before the rooms are actually released, so we arent sweating bullets about whether or not we are going to fill it. then we can tell anyone who has already rsvp'd yes but not booked that they extended the block for an additional 3 weeks if necessary.

re: sending invitations to mexico, we ordered an entirely separate batch of invitations there when we were visiting his parents for xmas, so his mom is handling all of those. so these invites i am sending are only for the americans and europeans, most of whom need the hand holding. she is sending out like 175 so she offered to cover the whole cost, and theyre going to be really nice. they are a soft white and are engraved with navy lettering. she was going to get the proof back next week i think, so as soon as she sends it to me i will post it. now that she wants to order STDs, not sure how that is going to change the timeline for her ordering the regular invitations too. i think they are planning on having the actual invites delivered to the guests the last week of may. so maybe i should call her tonight about the STDs to see what her plans are. i am inclined to just let her handle it because shes a rock star anyway.

i just had my first 3 preliminary RSVPs this week, and one guest emailed me to say she was booking her and her husbands travel and room sometime this weekend coming up, and that she would RSVP soon. so im glad i did the prelim rsvp. i think youre right, its not really needed to do an accomodations card. we just thought it would be nice. but then when i think about how most people are going to toss this in the trash eventually, i was like wait a sec, why should i spend so much on something going in the trash?! smile35.gif so if we cut the accomodations card out, even with the extras we need to order, we are still sitting at slightly less than $400.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
I have a theory that rachel isn't a bride getting married in 2 weeks. She is just someone that wanted to be on the BDW forum all day because it's so much fun so she faked a fiance and a wedding. That isn't really her in the pictures. Has anyone met her? Does anyone have any evidence that she is who she says she is? She could be a dude for all we know. Too chill for a bride with 2 weeks to go.
muahahaha now that's funny. After my "wedding" I will be back here pretending to be a "bride" again. bunny_4.gif

What can I say? I hope to take over BDW and start a revolution. You all will become my little chilled out minions.