Photo

how many extra sand dollars to buy

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 nylalany

nylalany
  • 625 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:18 PM

trying to figure out how many extra to buy if I need 75 for placecards - just in case of breakage...

#2 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:40 PM

I would purchase 100 even (just in case of breakage and unexpected guests). Are you writing on them too? You may want to purchase extra of you mess up, lol.

I bought 200 starfish, way more than needed, but it was my first purchase so I exaggerated a bit.

#3 MissyR

MissyR
      • 1,210 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:25 PM

I was going to suggest 125 - I guess it just depends how confident you are if you are writing on them!

#4 nylalany

nylalany
        • 625 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:57 PM

I'm going to print separate rectangle placecards and tie them to the sand dollars with a ribbon. My handwriting sucks :), and I like the separate but tied look better. Ok 100 it is!

#5 Bride010101

Bride010101
          • 1,547 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:01 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by nylalany
            I'm going to print separate rectangle placecards and tie them to the sand dollars with a ribbon. My handwriting sucks :), and I like the separate but tied look better. Ok 100 it is!
            That sounds really cute! I have to agree... I hate my handwriting so anything that can be printed in cute font is a plus. Can't wait to see pics of how they turn out.

#6 shelleyf

shelleyf
            • 92 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:30 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by nylalany
              trying to figure out how many extra to buy if I need 75 for placecards - just in case of breakage...
              Mind if I ask where you are getting them from? I can't seem to find a website with uniform, reasonably priced sanddollars...

#7 nylalany

nylalany
              • 625 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:38 AM

Qualityshells.com (seemed to be the cheapest legit site, with cheaper rates for 100+ and 5% off your first order.

#8 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
                • 1,266 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 07:32 AM

WOW you are having 97 adults Lucky you!!! I would go with 125 at least.

#9 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
                  • 4,881 posts
                  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                  • LocationNew York

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:04 AM

So, wait. How are you tying the names to them? I love the idea of sand dollars, but I don't want to write on them, and given that they are round(ish), couldn't figure out how to tie something to them. Share your wisdom!!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#10 nylalany

nylalany
                  • 625 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 11:24 AM

Uh oh - I already ordered them. Although I'm having 97 adults, some of them are couples (though so many people are coming w/o sig others!), so I am only needing 70 placecards for the adults, and maybe 9 for the kids? Or maybe I can do kids of the same family together, so 6 for the kids = 76?

My plan for tying the card to the sand dollar - the sand dollars have little sliver holes in them and you slide a piece of ribbon through it, then hole punch a small placecard size card and put the ribbon through that and tie it. Hopefully it'll work! I have to figure out what to do though because the sand dollar is white so a white place card would be kinda boring, but you can't really print on dark brown and I haven't found a good turquoise or aqua paper. Maybe I'll print on labels and put them on dark brown paper stock.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users