65 replies to this topic

#61 Yari

Yari
  • VIP Member
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:52 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mauraw
    Well Rachelle, it turns our your DH and mine should be best friends.

I talked to him about it when I got home and he did exactly what your DH did, hoping it would garner sympathy and more money. don't i feel stupid now... he even told me i shouldnt believe everything i read on the internet, because i am the one always telling other people that! haha
    I am so happy to hear this! I just spoke to my FI about it and he said that it was "locker room" talk and not to worry.

#62 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
    • 985 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:18 AM

Quote:

I talked to him about it when I got home and he did exactly what your DH did, hoping it would garner sympathy and more money. don't i feel stupid now... he even told me i shouldnt believe everything i read on the internet, because i am the one always telling other people that! haha
      Men! Sometimes they can be such a challenge :)

I'm glad that the two of you talked about it and hopefully that you feel better about the situation now.

#63 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:24 AM

Quote:

OMG Maur, you don't know how glad I was to read this update, I was seriously freaking out for you. I just read this when I got it today, and I swear, our lives are like little mini soap operas, that's why we get addicted. Anyways, I'm VERY glad this worked out to be his idea of a "joke" or at least the way her worded it was for reasons OTHER than hurting you. I am so happy that Rachelle was right!

#64 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:28 AM

Maura: I am so glad everything turned out okay. I wasn't on at all yesterday afternoon and just jumped on now and was panicking! Silly, silly boys!

Nothing more from my dad. I assumes that means he got it. We've spoken a few times since "the exchange" and it hasn't come up. Just as well. If he wants to fuss over it, I'm turning my mom, my sister and my brother loose on him. They've all been briefed and can't believe it.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#65 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
      • VIP Member
      • 11,403 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:34 AM

Quote:

Maura - I was thinking about your situation last night. I'm glad this turned out the way it did. My hubby uses Craigslist all the time. I mentioned this to him & he said that he posted his Harley Davidson for sale yesterday (yikes - trying not to feel bad) and said "must go, raising money for closing costs under wife's direction." :) Whatever it takes baby, whatever it takes!!

#66 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:43 AM

haha guys are so silly. And you know- the funniest part is they are the only ones that get suckered in for those sob stories too. I'm glad it worked out Maura. Otherwise, he deserved a huge smack.
          Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users