Jump to content

Photo

March Signature Picture Theme


  • Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#111 rodent

rodent

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

    Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:03 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lucy106
    Sorry for being an idiot but on powerpoint do you use a slide layout to create these awesome siggys? Ugh, so confused my brain hurts!
    I'd use a blank layout. Then do insert-->picture from file

    Hold shift as you resize your pictures so they don't get squished.

    Drag all the pictures around however you like them. Then say insert-->text box to write stuff. When you are done, group it all (ctrl A to select everything, draw-->group) then right click--> save as picture.

    If there is a black box in your picture you don't want, you may need to make a white box & put it behind your pictures.

    #112 starchild

    starchild

      Moderator

    • Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

      Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:08 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by lucy106
      Sorry for being an idiot but on powerpoint do you use a slide layout to create these awesome siggys? Ugh, so confused my brain hurts!
      Morgan is totally official but I suck and learned by trial and error...lol

      Here's my kindergarten explanation:

      Open powerpoint and to the right where you can choose the slide layout choose "blank". Copy pictures from wherever you have them (ctrl+c) and paste (ctrl+v) onto the slide (or right click-copy, right click-paste). Click the corners of the pic to make them as big or little as you like and drag them into place. If you right click the picture it gives you formatting options like borders and stuff. When you're done select the whole thing, right click, and save as photo. Then put that onto photoucket or something similar.

      That's all I know and it isn't fancy, but it works for me:)

      #113 Jenn3878

      Jenn3878
      • Sr. Member
      • 5,681 posts

        Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:31 PM

        Thanks girls! I was wondering the same thing! Gotta try it out soon!

        #114 lucy106

        lucy106
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,880 posts

          Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:33 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Morgan
          I'd use a blank layout. Then do insert-->picture from file

          Hold shift as you resize your pictures so they don't get squished.

          Drag all the pictures around however you like them. Then say insert-->text box to write stuff. When you are done, group it all (ctrl A to select everything, draw-->group) then right click--> save as picture.

          If there is a black box in your picture you don't want, you may need to make a white box & put it behind your pictures.
          Thank you!! It's working, woohoo! Cant wait to get home to get more pics!!

          #115 rodent

          rodent

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

            Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:45 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by starchild
            Morgan is totally official but I suck and learned by trial and error...lol

            Here's my kindergarten explanation:

            Open powerpoint and to the right where you can choose the slide layout choose "blank". Copy pictures from wherever you have them (ctrl+c) and paste (ctrl+v) onto the slide (or right click-copy, right click-paste). Click the corners of the pic to make them as big or little as you like and drag them into place. If you right click the picture it gives you formatting options like borders and stuff. When you're done select the whole thing, right click, and save as photo. Then put that onto photoucket or something similar.

            That's all I know and it isn't fancy, but it works for me:)
            Just FYI, copy & pasting the pics is totally fine for a siggy pic. But if you are making a project to print, use insert--> picture from file. If you paste them in you can lose a bunch of resolution.

            #116 DreaW

            DreaW
            • Banned
            • 2,462 posts

              Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:44 PM

              you girls are so smart....thank you for the help :)

              #117 KarmaB

              KarmaB
              • Member
              • 796 posts

                Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:27 PM

                I love all of your sigs so much! I just spent 2 hours putting mine together, when I so should have been cleaning!

                I used LumaPix, but I'm too cheap to buy the full version so disregard their logo in the corner! LOL.

                I might make a few more changes soon.

                #118 rodent

                rodent

                  VIP Member

                • VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

                  Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:00 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by FutureMrsB
                  I love all of your sigs so much! I just spent 2 hours putting mine together, when I so should have been cleaning!

                  I used LumaPix, but I'm too cheap to buy the full version so disregard their logo in the corner! LOL.

                  I might make a few more changes soon.
                  I just saw this. Looks cute! I suggested somewhere they people who don't have lumapix should just used the free trial & watermarked version. Doesn't matter for a siggy pic. It's so much more fun to build collages with than powerpoint.

                  I just have the essentials version for $40. If I am not allowed to make something the size I want, I make it 1/2 size. When I upload it, it works fine. I can't always get 300dpi, but i've printed much less & I couldn't tell a difference. I might upgrade to the full deal some day, but there is just too much software I want. And I'm really doing fine with essentials.

                  #119 DreaW

                  DreaW
                  • Banned
                  • 2,462 posts

                    Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:02 PM

                    i forget, does Lumapix work for Mac's

                    #120 rodent

                    rodent

                      VIP Member

                    • VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

                      Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:04 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by DreaW
                      i forget, does Lumapix work for Mac's

                      I don't think it does.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users