Photo

Coyaba Resort-Montego Bay?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Myda77

Myda77
  • 821 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:45 AM

Is anyone getting married at the Coyaba Resort in Montego Bay or has already gotten married there? It is one of my top picks for my May 2009 wedding and I wanted to get some feed back. I am planning on about 80 guests. Thanks!
    Maida & Tomas
    Circa 2004 - Our first picture together!

#2 JamaicaBrideToBe

JamaicaBrideToBe
    • 89 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:54 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Myda77
      Is anyone getting married at the Coyaba Resort in Montego Bay or has already gotten married there? It is one of my top picks for my May 2009 wedding and I wanted to get some feed back. I am planning on about 80 guests. Thanks!
      That was honestly my #1 pick. I loved the idea of a very personal location...and Coyaba is absolutly beautiful. I asked a lot of questions when I started looking and they were quick to respond and accomidate. Unfortunately they have a very expensive reception package, nothing is "included" even though you pay the extra charges to stay there as all inclusive guests. All in all our wedding for about 40 guests was coming to over 10G and that is beyond our budget let alone room for extras that we don't account for.
      Also, it was quite an expensive journey for our guests too...the time of year does make a difference though. We are getting married in January and that is considered their high season.
      All in all, if you want an opinion on the resort itself I think it's just gorgous.

#3 Myda77

Myda77
      • 821 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:09 AM

Yes! I love the fact the the resort isn't to large and you do get that personal feeling. What kind of "extras "were they charging for if you don't mind me asking? Also do you know if they allow outside guests to attend the ceremony and reception. I have a few family members who would rather stay in other towns and just drive in to attend. Thanks!
        Maida & Tomas

#4 JamaicaBrideToBe

JamaicaBrideToBe
        • 89 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:58 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Myda77
          Yes! I love the fact the the resort isn't to large and you do get that personal feeling. What kind of "extras "were they charging for if you don't mind me asking? Also do you know if they allow outside guests to attend the ceremony and reception. I have a few family members who would rather stay in other towns and just drive in to attend. Thanks!
          I literally JUST cleaned out my wedding file with all of his emails and attachments. The biggest expense was the reception, food and drinks. I've got some stuff sort of scribbled in my note book so I'll do my best to describe what was what:

-There is a wedding co-ordination fee of $600 that is charged for all weddings regardless of size

-A cost of $25pp regardless of whether they are staying at the resort or a local coming for the day. This will be charged to just to set up your reception (linens, plate setting, wine glasses etc) this does not include any decorations

-It's another 25pp for outsiders to come and eat at the resort

-Minimum reception dinner menu $65pp - there are many menus to choose from as well as buffet and served options.
          To have an open bar carry's a cost of $47pp - this charge is not waived for adults that do not drink.

-We had a projector and screen rental for a slide show $250

-wedding cake - minimum $150

-Wedding package charge of $750 includes necessary documentation, bouquet and boutenierre, decorated location ( add for flowers) 36 - 4x6 pictures, calypso serenade during ceremony.
          If I remember correctly it also incudes an upgrade for bride and groom.

-If you want Cocktails after your ceremony during photographs and before dinner it is $18pp

-We had priced out a harp to play during seating at $350 for an hour

-Calypso to continue after ceremony during cocktail hour $100

-Reggae Band during reception $3000
          OR
          -DJ $150 per hour

That's all I have in my book...the contact if you email is Kevin, he was really great. He must have had some sort of PDA cause he answered me so quickly at all different times of day! Either that or he's a workaholic!! If you can afford it you won't be disappointed, I really really loved that place.

#5 Myda77

Myda77
          • 821 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:11 AM

Thanks so much for the Info! I will have to email them directly with a few more questions.
            Maida & Tomas

#6 droop1020

droop1020
            • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 06:25 PM

Hi,

I'm getting married at Coyaba in August. I took a trip down there last year and thought it was beautiful. Small, but it has a comfortable feel. If you don't like the idea of one of those huge hotels that do more than one wedding a day, this is a good pick. I have some material from them if you want me to foward it on.

#7 Myda77

Myda77
              • 821 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:35 PM

Oh thanks! I just received the package information, but let me know how everything goes. It is my top pick, as long as I can keep the number of guests to a minimum.
                Maida & Tomas

#8 Myda77

Myda77
                • 821 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:05 PM

whoops sorry wrong thread! that's what I get for going crazy with the post!
                  Maida & Tomas

#9 Myda77

Myda77
                  • 821 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:07 PM

About Coyaba, I love the resort, but I don't think they can handle the amount of guests I think I may have. They told me they can only accomaodate about 100 people, I am hoping I don't have that many, but I don't want to take any chances. Do let me know how it goes though, I would love to hear about it.
                    Maida & Tomas

#10 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
                    • 1,047 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:09 PM

I was going to post that 80 guests will be a large number for Coyaba!

You could always look at it like you have the whole resort for just your wedding ! Perhaps you could negotiaite an agreement that if the resort did fill to max. occupancy with your guests Coyaba would waive the day pass fees for people to come in for the wedding activities.

Ta Jennifer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users