Photo

Sproullie Designs: Monograms, Boarding Passes, Passports, Pocketfolds, and more!

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#41 nylalany

nylalany
  • 625 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:47 PM

Sarah - I asked on another thread, but just in case this is a better place - do you think Publisher has significantly lower resolution than Photoshop and Illustrator? If I made a logo but want it screenprinted, should I order something similar through you instead?

#42 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:41 AM

ok, i'm gonna be the wet blanket here...

sarah i do not know how you are doing all these monograms for free...you should charge or at least have a doantion button on your website...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#43 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:57 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by nylalany
      Sarah - I asked on another thread, but just in case this is a better place - do you think Publisher has significantly lower resolution than Photoshop and Illustrator? If I made a logo but want it screenprinted, should I order something similar through you instead?
      Do you have photoshop? You can check the resolution by opening it up in that. If it's 300dpi in the size you plan on printing it, it's high res enough. or you can PM me & I'll give you my email. Then send it to me & I'll tell you the resolution.

#44 nylalany

nylalany
      • 625 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:58 AM

I have Publisher but not Photoshop. I guess I can ask someone at work for photoshop perhaps if that is way better?

#45 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:00 AM

Quote:
          I have Publisher but not Photoshop. I guess I can ask someone at work for photoshop perhaps if that is way better?
          have you already made it in publisher though? It's probably fine. I only know how to check resolution in photoshop. You can probably do it in publisher. Once you know the resolution though you know if it's going to print nicely. If you email it to me I don't mind telling you the resolution.

#46 nylalany

nylalany
          • 625 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:27 PM

Does anyone know what color turquoise ( in RGB format #s) Sarah used in the first monogram of the green starfish with turquoise lettering? I'm having the hardest time finding a good turquoise!

#47 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,996 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:36 PM

Quote:
              Looks like Morgan beat me to the answer :)

Quote:
              Originally Posted by host

sarah i do not know how you are doing all these monograms for free...you should charge or at least have a doantion button on your website...
              They probably won't be free forever! Yeah, I suppose a donation button wouldn't be a bad idea. I literally am spending a couple hours a day on these now... lol

I'll help out while I can :)

Quote:
              Does anyone know what color turquoise ( in RGB format #s) Sarah used in the first monogram of the green starfish with turquoise lettering? I'm having the hardest time finding a good turquoise!
              The turquoise is 0.153.204

Attached Files

#48 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:56 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by host

I second the donation button idea.

#49 SDEMMI

SDEMMI
                • 61 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:04 PM

Sarah just made mine - and its great - and FAST......she should charge more; but it's awesome how she helps out her BDW friends

THANKS!!!

#50 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
                  • 679 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:50 PM

Thanks so much for my monogram. I have another one that I want done, but it is not a design that is on your site. If I send it to you, can you see if you can make something similar? If so, where should I send it.

I also second the donation button. You should be rewarded for your hard and creative work.
                    Brittney & Peter
                    July 12, 2008
                    Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users