Sign in to follow this  
cantwaittobemrs

SMALL wedding...

Hey girls, just wondering on what your thoughts are on this, it is something I have been thinking over for a while now. We are having a really small wedding... 12-14 people (including us) so at first I was thinking that is too small to do a reception. My plans were to have the wedding (4pm) dinner at the restaurant, then I'm just not sure. It seems like there are too few people to do a reception at the Seagrape, unless we just set up an ipod or something, but even then, there are so few people, I don't want people to feel forced. I want my guests to feel like it is worth it for them to come (doesn't that sound horrible?) So I feel bad not having anything after the dinner. Would it be too tacky/boring to just have everyone go back to our suite and have drinks/snacks then whoever wants to go to the disco when it opens can? (I doubt my parents or his will be up for this). Sorry about such the long post, I am just so unsure what to do!! Any advice will be much appreciated!!!!

Even though your party is small I think you can pull off a casual reception. What if you said something like "after dinner you are invited to join us at Seagrape to continue the celebration"? You can keep it low-key with your ipod and if people want to dance they can do it right there and if they want to hang out and relax they can too. Then whoever is game can go to the disco when it opens (I think at 11pm).

Is there an option of adding an activity in at Seagrape, like a bonfire? Or can they set your cake up there and after dinner you all can go there for cake cutting/coffee/etc?

Hi cantwaittobemrs

We are in the same boat...ours is even smaller just 8 of us altogether. I thought it might seem strange not to have a reception but it also seems weird with just 8 of us so i'll have to think on it some more then decide what to do (if anything)

I agree with starchild! I am having a small wedding as well... looks like the four of us! Maybe 2 more if Im lucky! After the wedding we are having a fijiian ceremony thingy and then having dinner/reception. Since its a small resort, we are going to hang out (any reason to get some use out of my dress) drink and hang out with the resort band.

I think the idea of having everyone back to the room is a great idea.

Or hire a waiter for a couple of hours and have him run back and forth to the lobby bar while you guys hang out on the beach or by the pool.

We had 6 guests at our wedding, so a total of 8 people including us. We had our ceremony at 6pm, and then drinks while DH and I were off taking pictures, dinner started at 7:30. We figured that this would allow everyone to chill at the pool before the wedding and afterwards if they wanted to go out to the clubs or just chill at the bar it would be the prefect time for that. We ended up just hanging out at the bar for a couple hours.

For a small group like yours, I love the idea of a private dinner party maybe with some entertainment such as a guitarist or steel drum. Maybe with a terrace or the beach as the setting. That way, the event still feels special and like a reception with a small group setting in mind.

I am having a larger group (20-30) and I'm not planning a reception. I figure after dinner we can just do whatever we want. I'm thinking of it more like a group vacation than a wedding.

I like the idea of having everyone back to your room... especially if you have (or someone in your group) has a suite.

Also... not sure what your budget is like, but you could look into scheduling a sunset catamaran or something.