Is June too hot for outdoor reception?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 monicaswave

• 450 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:48 AM

I am planning on having my wedding in late June 08 and would love to have the reception outdoor right by the beach. I am wondering if the weather would be too hot taking in consideration we will be doing some dancing. Has anyone had their wedding during that time of the year? Does the breeze from the ocean help cool the weather down? The last thing I want is for my guests (grandma) to be uncomfrotable and my make up runny.

#2 becks

• VIP Member
    • 4,881 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
    • LocationNew York

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:16 PM

Its hot, but not awful - try Welcome to The Weather Underground : Weather Underground and do a search for history on the date - ususally they give the high/low temp, etc. so you can get an idea. But generally in the evenings its in the 70s (cooler as the night goes on).

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#3 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:29 PM

my wedding is late june & most of my guests are flying from houston. I figured they find the weather refreshing compaired to houston. The days are long the end of june so it will be much later until it cools off, but the breeze from the ocean does really help. Do you have a resort picked out? Maybe you can get an indoor/outdoor area.

#4 monicaswave

• 450 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:33 PM

Many of my guests are coming from Houston too! :). I am not doing my wedding at a resort. I was getting ready to book a restaurant on PDC right on the beach when some friend's of mine who visited Playa (who also live in Houston) told me that Playa is really hot. It made me really nervous.

#5 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:41 PM

my wedding was in June, and it was hot - but no complaints here!

#6 can't wait!

can't wait!
          • 517 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:58 PM

I was in Cozumel in early June last year and it was hot and muggy. Don't want to discourage you but only tell you how it was. How about looking for a place that has an indoor area nearby where your guests can step in to refresh if need be?

#7 monicaswave

• 450 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:16 PM

Thanks everyone for all your help.

Yeah I'm still looking for that perfect place that is indoors but also has the outdoors easily accesible.

#8 Karen

• 1,308 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:48 PM

We visited Playa early last July and it was soooooo hot even at night. You might have a better time of it if you do what you were planning...indoors with out door access.
                <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users