Brown to red?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
  • VIP Member
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:56 PM

I watched the very beginning of the sag awards last night. In the veryyy begining they had some actors say these small corny lines and during one, I saw a woman sitting at same table as the actor, in a blue dress I THINK (i sound crazy dont i) But she had awesome hair and the prettiest hair color and now I am thinking of trying it out! It was like a reddish-brown color. I'm on line now trying to find this girls head!

Do you think I should try red or leave it?

#2 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:01 PM

I died my hair red once. I used special stuff to protect the color, but it faded so fast. My hair also got pretty fuzzy after that. You have such pretty, shiny hair that I wouldn't suggest messing up a good thing. Atleast not before the wedding. Why not wait until afterwards when you have post wedding blues & want to spice things up?

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:02 PM

Ooops, I just noticed your wedding isn't until 2009. Well, in that case give it a shot. I've always wanted bright red hair. When I dies it before it was really, really red. it was a lot of fun while it lasted.

#4 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
        • VIP Member
        • 3,160 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:10 PM

I keep going back and forth. And if I do f it up, I can fix it, but like you said, it'll be damaged. My hair was always so long as far as i can remem & I got gutsy and cut it off ilast April and wound up liking it so much better. And now I'm feeling like my hair has always been dark brown, why not change it, I might like it better haha?? I dunno. Red does tend to fade fast though, and Im affraid it will turn brassy, like orangy-red. And thats not what I want.

This girls haiir though was like a deep red/brown, it was SO pretty. I will find a pic soon enough!

#5 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:43 PM

I think you should do it. I absolutely love red hair, as you well know. You have plenty of tiem to try it out and before the summer is the best time. Cuz you know you are going to want to go blonde in the summer.

#6 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
            • VIP Member
            • 3,160 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:47 PM

Yeah I think I might trim it to give it some shape while its growing out, and dye it. I'm feeling bored with myself these days.

#7 Gretchen

Gretchen
              • Banned
              • 416 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:55 PM

If you aren't sure about totally going red - you could always try auburn highlights. They would probably look great with your hair!
                Gretchen "GiGi"

#8 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
                • 4,881 posts
                • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                • LocationNew York

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:58 PM

I love the auburn look. I'd do it if I had the guts. I say go for it!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users