Photo

New Princess resort in Riviera Maya

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#11 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
  • 794 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:05 PM

Picking the location has to be the most difficult decision and I can't wait to make a decision and move on to the fun part!!! Good luck to y'all and I'm determined to pick somewhere before the New Year!
    HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
    http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#12 kerid

kerid
    • 31 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 12:46 AM

Hey - are you guys still thinking about this place? I just saw a comment on tripadvisor that said "STAY AWAY!" The post said the construction is terrible.

We're planning a Jan '09 wedding - do you think the construction will be done by then?

#13 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
      • 794 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 12:50 AM

I decided not to go with this resort since I'm getting married in June '08 but I bet by Jan '09 the kinks will be worked out.
        HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
        http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#14 kerid

kerid
        • 31 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 03:26 PM

ok thanks!

#15 nylalany

nylalany
          • 625 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 03:47 PM

I was thinking of having all my guests stay there for my wedding in May '08, although the wedding will be at Al Cielo, off property. I'm debating btwn there and Barcelo Maya Palace - the Barcelo's ocean area is calmer and clearer like the Caribbean, and it is close to my wedding site and sites such as Tulum, but Princess is SO much cheaper!
            I'm hoping the kinks will be worked out by then.

Here are current photos:
            Picasa Web Albums - Mike - grand sunset ...

Other people on the tripadvisor forums posted more mixed reviews - they said beautiful property, good food, nice pools, nice rooms, but lacking all the necessary amenities as of yet, yet somehow it came of a tiny bit more positive than the one guy who posted a review.

#16 EDYTA

EDYTA
            • 1,277 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 04:42 PM

I am actually going to the Grand Riviera Princess tomorrow for a one week vacation so I can let u know how it is...don't listen to trip advisor stupid posts look at the pics alone that have been posted so far and everything is ready the hotel is fully operational

but I guess we will c tomorrow will post pics and do scouing for wedding sites

#17 kerid

kerid
              • 31 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:49 PM

That's awesome! Please let me know what you think after you see it!!

I did look at Tripadvisor again and saw better results - it seems like they get things built quick down there (we were at a different resort last week and I couldn't believe how fast the addition went up) so in a year they should be more settled - right?!

We're planning on using a travel agent - does anyone have any idea how far in advance they have pricing available? We're doing a Jan '09 wedding and funjet and apple don't go out that far...

#18 nylalany

nylalany
                • 625 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 06:29 PM

Does anyone know the pricing for private events such as a private dinner at one of their restaurants? The WC is not responding to my emails...

#19 nylalany

nylalany
                  • 625 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 07:41 PM

Edyta Are You Back Yet

#20 Alipires1

Alipires1
                    • 298 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 01:21 AM

I know I was thinking the same this. I'd love to hear about this place!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter