Photo

Riviera Maya Site Visits

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 madenerg2

madenerg2
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:55 PM

Hi, I'm scouting wedding locations in the Riviera Maya during Memorial Day. I'm staying at Azul Beach, but I just found out that they can only accomodate a maximum of 60 people. Can anyone reccommend kid friendly all inclusives for about 100 people?

#2 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
    • VIP Member
    • 2,347 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:37 PM

In the RM area, you might want to check the Iberostar Lindo/Paraiso/Maya/Grand complex. They are kid friendly and have everything from baby-sitting services to a teen disco in the evenings. Plus a golf course, a spa, a salon, a shopping center, ice cream parlor, bunch of bars/restaurants, cigar bar.... and I'm sure other things I'm forgetting.

Let me know about Azul---- FI loves the look of that place and it's the perfect size for our wedding. We've been thinking of changing our location to Azul Beach...

#3 TracyK

TracyK
      • 206 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:52 AM

Also look into the Iberostar Tucan/Queztal. It is one of the few resorts that has a decent beach left. They also have a jungle like atmosphere which I find appealing.

#4 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
        • 4,979 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:09 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by madenerg2
          Hi, I'm scouting wedding locations in the Riviera Maya during Memorial Day. I'm staying at Azul Beach, but I just found out that they can only accomodate a maximum of 60 people. Can anyone reccommend kid friendly all inclusives for about 100 people?

Azul Beach is one of the locations we did a site visit at. To be completely and 100% honest, I didn't like it. But I think it was actually that fact that it was small that I didn't like. Maria, I'll try to write a review (with the pictures) soon!

I'm completely in love with the El Dorado Royale. It depends if you'll be having children attend - they are an adults only resort and don't even allow children for the wedding - NO exceptions!! If it's only adults going I'd suggest that location in a hearbeat, it's beautiful!
          Happily Married since May 9, 2008
          Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#5 LisaG

LisaG
          • VIP Member
          • 7,839 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:11 AM

I'm staying at Dreams Tulum in RM and it is kid friendly and can accomodate 100 ppl.

#6 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:42 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by pyrenese331
              Also look into the Iberostar Tucan/Queztal. It is one of the few resorts that has a decent beach left. They also have a jungle like atmosphere which I find appealing.
              Ditto on the Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal! And I think one of the sister resorts has a wave pool. I'm going there in June to check it out. Will post more after I return.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#7 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
              • VIP Member
              • 2,347 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:29 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Nini_Bride
                Azul Beach is one of the locations we did a site visit at. To be completely and 100% honest, I didn't like it. But I think it was actually that fact that it was small that I didn't like. Maria, I'll try to write a review (with the pictures) soon!
                Cool! Thanks Courtney!!

#8 madenerg2

madenerg2
                • 126 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:47 PM

Every time I go on the website for Iberostar, I can't seemed to find any good information - but I keep hearing great things about the place - Thanks for the heads up, and I'll be locked and loaded with tons of pics from Azul Beach, so I'll definately pass them on to you :)

LeShay

#9 madenerg2

madenerg2
                  • 126 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:51 PM

Yeah, I'm starting to get that feeling about the place too.
                    We do have teenagers attending so....Thanks for the reply :)

#10 rob4ever

rob4ever
                    • 53 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:48 PM

We went on a site visit 2 weeks ago and loved the Riu Palace Riviera Maya. It's kid friendly and there are 6 Riu hotels that you have access to that are all nearby. We also visited the Iberostar Lindo and Maya which are very nice as well. Good luck with your trip!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter