Photo

Have you brought starfish through customs?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kiahjane

kiahjane
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:49 PM

Hi there...
    I am thinking about carrying on my 50 pencil starfish placecards when we fly into Cancun next week... will I have trouble getting them through customs? Last time we were in MX a woman in our line had to throw out some sort of fresh tea or something like that and I was just thinking, crap, am I going to get a hard time for bring in 50 little dead carcasses?
    Anyone done this already?

#2 -Kate-

-Kate-
    • VIP Member
    • 7,676 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:22 PM

If you search for this subject I'm sure you'll find threads about it. I know it's been discussed - I just don't remember the answer.

#3 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:50 PM

I brought big starfish, I put them in a plastic container and I packed them in my clothes suitcase, so they were kind of buried in there.

No one ever said anything about them, but my bags didn't get searched either.

#4 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 4,513 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:19 AM

I am going to try and bring some extra's just in case the ones on my bouquet break. Hopefully everything works out for us! Hey we are going to be there at the same time so maybe at least 1 one of us will make it through - I would be more than happy to share!!

#5 jpkw

jpkw
          • VIP Member
          • 1,650 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:22 AM

I used starfish for my placecards and brought at least 100 with me to Cabo. It was no problem with customs (we kept them packaged in a box and didn't get checked).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter