Sign in to follow this  
kiahjane

Have you brought starfish through customs?

Hi there...

I am thinking about carrying on my 50 pencil starfish placecards when we fly into Cancun next week... will I have trouble getting them through customs? Last time we were in MX a woman in our line had to throw out some sort of fresh tea or something like that and I was just thinking, crap, am I going to get a hard time for bring in 50 little dead carcasses?

Anyone done this already?

If you search for this subject I'm sure you'll find threads about it. I know it's been discussed - I just don't remember the answer.

I brought big starfish, I put them in a plastic container and I packed them in my clothes suitcase, so they were kind of buried in there.

No one ever said anything about them, but my bags didn't get searched either.

I am going to try and bring some extra's just in case the ones on my bouquet break. Hopefully everything works out for us! Hey we are going to be there at the same time so maybe at least 1 one of us will make it through - I would be more than happy to share!!

I used starfish for my placecards and brought at least 100 with me to Cabo. It was no problem with customs (we kept them packaged in a box and didn't get checked).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
  • Topics