Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:33 PM
I am out of my mind aggravated and don't know who to turn to for help. I've always found answers here.
To make a long story short my employer refuses to insure my husband b/c the MCert is in Spanish. Both of use had open enrollment at the same time. He waived and I added him. He should have been covered as of 1/1/08. After 4 trips to HR to find out why the insurance provider has never heard of him, I finally receive this answer. I am mad for many reasons. One being that after over a month the didn't find it necessary yo contact me and tell me they required this. Another being that the US goverment accepted the MCert no problem to change my name and for a new SS card. The state of IL even accepted it when I renewed my license with my new name.
I'm pregnant and emotional as well.
Ooh! Can you believe that when I asked to speak to the woman who was making the decision not to accpet the Mexican version, I was told that she would not see me because she was off the clock. This was at 3:20 pm today. The coward refused to come out of her office to speak to me. ALl I wanted to know was where she suggested I go to get it translated and also why I was never told about this problem when I came in the 3 times before today or by mail. I was sent away in tears (pregnant).
Anyway, my qestion is where to get his translated and notarized. I've never had to do anything like this and I have no where to turn. My husband is uninsured and the HR department had the nerve to put the deadline of 01/15/08 on me to return the translated version.
Can anyone help?
Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:37 PM
Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:19 PM
Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:07 PM
if they arent strict, my FI can recommend a number of people to translate it and my mom is a notary public if you are downtown in the city, i can refer you to her and she will do it in 5 mins flat. let me know what you find out from HR and we will get his documents in by the due date! the nerve of those freakin HR people though, i tell you. they shouldve notified you immediately, i would bring this up with the seniormost person you can at your company. that is a violation of your rights to not notify you.
Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:35 AM
Thank you for your information so far. I will let you know if I can get any answers.
I sent the two page, detailed account to the head of Chicago schools, the teacher's union and the Chicago Tribune. So far no replies. Not surprised.
Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:04 PM
They should be able to quickly provide legal document translation (and notarization, but I am not 100% positive), and that should be acceptable to give to your HR representative. If the consulate can't provide notarization for some reason, let me know and my mom can do it for you. I will PM you this in case you don't check in, and also with my phone number so you can call me if you need to.
sending hugs your way!
Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:16 PM
| Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek |
I'm going to have to get my translated. I'm going to use wedo.com.do
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users