When your dress comes in, whats next?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 12,193 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:17 PM

Ok ladies, I have a question for those of you who's dresses have arrived. I just got a message saying that my dress is in & that I need to call back & schedule a "try on". She also stated that if I already have my alteration appts to keep them because those are separate from my try on appt.

Now my question is this: When I go to try on the dress, after that, do I take it home with me, or does it stay in the store? My 1st alteration appt is in February so I thought I'd be bringing it home with me.

One of my friends said that they kept her dress until her alteration appt & she didn't take it home until it was done.
    I had no idea thats what the process was. I thought I'd be taking it home with me to stare at until February!

I am going to call the store in a few minutes but I just wanted to know what was your process?

#2 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:29 PM

My place is holding my dress until I leave for the wedding. They have some sort of specially temperatured room for dresses (who knew?!!), plus if it's in their hands, then it's insured in case something happens. I'm not sure if all places offer this though. It's worth it just to call and ask what they will usually do.
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#3 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:32 PM

I'm not at this point yet. But I would want to leave my dress at the shop for as long as possible. God only knows what happen to it at my house. I'm clutzy.
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#4 jajajaja

• VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:30 PM

My shop charged a $30 storage fee if it was not picked up within the first 30 days after it arrived. I have an empty room/closet so I picked it up to save the $30. I then just take it back with me for alterations.
          Happily married since 2008

#5 JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,193 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:30 AM

I'll know what their process is when I call first thing in the morning. Its driving me crazy. I'd love nothing more than to bring it home to stare at for the next few weeks, because the thought of it finally in but still in the store worries me. What if they sell it to someone else by mistake? What if it gets damaged? I know these are all far stretches, but hey, I'm in anxiety mode now that I know the dress is here. LOL!
            And with bringing it home until its time for alterations would worry me cuz I'd hate to have something happen to it while in my house.

SIGH....I don't know why I'm in crazy mode cuz I'm sure its gonna wind up staying at the store. I guess the excitement of knowing that its finally in is whats killing me.
            Thanks for your responses.

#6 -Kate-

• VIP Member
            • 7,676 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:47 AM

I left mine at the store until about 2 days before I left. I didn't want to take it - where to keep it? how to keep it out of DH's way? how to keep the dogs from it? - YUCK!

Let them keep it!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users