Sign in to follow this  
starchild

I just invented my new drink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaH View Post
We fell in love with them in the DR!

This is how we make ours...

Put about 2 tbsp of sugar and 1 lime cut into wedges into a glass, squish the shit out of it, add ice and vodka :P
That's kind of how they made them in JA...but I tried and failed..lol Aren't they refreshing though? I hear it is the national drink of Brazil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwards View Post
Yuummmm! And I'm loving that the new drink has two ingredients! :-) I bet you could totally throw all that in a blender and do it frozen/slushie in the summer. I can see me serving that at a bbq on my deck. . .and probably ending up pretty tipsy! lol!
I know, 2 ingredients is my kind of drink....and they would be soooo good blended. Yum!

They are definately refreshing...and delicious :P

I love anything citrusy...even though I'm not really a big gin drinker I've been hooked on Tom Collins' recently....yum!

I've never made them, I've just been drinking them when we go out...but this looks about right :P

TOM COLLINS

INGREDIENTS

• 1 oz - Dry Gin

• ¼ oz - Lime Juice

• 1 tsp - Sugar

• 2 tbsp - Lemon Juice

• 4 oz - Soda Water

Mix sugar, lemon juice and oil of orange in a collins glass. Add lime juice and gin, stir well. Put in two medium lumps of ice, and fill to the top with soda water. Stir just a bit, garnish with an orange slice and maraschino cherry and serve.

I'm pretty sure caipirinha's are Brazilian. I drank a few every day for a week while in Brazil! The alcohol that it's made with is called Cachaca (kind of rum). Very tasty but time consuming to make!