Sign in to follow this  
Jackie

In memory of Dad Poem

Jackie the poem is beautiful. Thought I'd share this idea about the fans, I went to a wedding in philly a few months ago and they had fans set out on the chairs for us, but they had made the fans. She used very heavy paper, I think it was probably card stock, and she used her wedding colors, but a darker shade and a lighter shade alternating, and tied a ribbon at the bottom to hold them together. I think there was maybe 6 fan blades I guess you'd call them, a couple inches wide, and the fan was like a program. One blade listed the people in the wedding, one blade thanked everyone for coming, I think one may have had a poem on it. I wish I saved mine, I'd send it to you, they were soooo pretty and my description probably is so not understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly76 View Post
Jackie the poem is beautiful. Thought I'd share this idea about the fans, I went to a wedding in philly a few months ago and they had fans set out on the chairs for us, but they had made the fans. She used very heavy paper, I think it was probably card stock, and she used her wedding colors, but a darker shade and a lighter shade alternating, and tied a ribbon at the bottom to hold them together. I think there was maybe 6 fan blades I guess you'd call them, a couple inches wide, and the fan was like a program. One blade listed the people in the wedding, one blade thanked everyone for coming, I think one may have had a poem on it. I wish I saved mine, I'd send it to you, they were soooo pretty and my description probably is so not understandable.
What a great idea, and it would save money. Oh boy I'm gonna have to learn how to be creative. I'll have to start really looking into it once school is over. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQHARIDER View Post
Jackie, that is a beautiful poem. It brought tears to my eyes! I think putting it in the program is a great idea.
Thanks sarah, it really moved me when I read it to. Brings back a lot of happy thoughts.

That poem is really beautiful. My dad passed away too and I have been thinking of ways to honor him without bringing everyone down. You could have a table off to the side of the ceremony with a frame picture of your dad and then another frame next to it with that poem. You can also keep one chair empty and put a single rose on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marfa75 View Post
That poem is really beautiful. My dad passed away too and I have been thinking of ways to honor him without bringing everyone down. You could have a table off to the side of the ceremony with a frame picture of your dad and then another frame next to it with that poem. You can also keep one chair empty and put a single rose on it.

Those are both some good ideas. But exactly, you want to be able to incorporate something that wont change the mood of the guests. Any of these ideas would work. Thanks

To be honest Jackie, I think if anyone sees a table to the side, or a poem is read or a empty chair with a rose. I think it's going to make people sad. BUT, look at it this way, at your Ceremony they are going to cry anyway listening to you guys exchange your vows, so why not honor your Dad with a reading.. at that time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMMYM View Post
To be honest Jackie, I think if anyone sees a table to the side, or a poem is read or a empty chair with a rose. I think it's going to make people sad. BUT, look at it this way, at your Ceremony they are going to cry anyway listening to you guys exchange your vows, so why not honor your Dad with a reading.. at that time?
Good point Tammy, I kinda really like the make your own fan programs. The only problem is they could go either way. They could look really cheesy like a 3 year old put them together or they could look really classy and profesionally done. I am going to have to start practicing and experimenting once school is out. I am NO martha stewart, that is for sure.

Hmmm I'll see if I can find anything online or on the Knot that might show you how to make them. I'm sure they will be fairly simple if explained right.