TA recs for Riviera Maya resort group rates/travel

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nylalany

• 625 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 07:41 PM

I'm debating btwn Grand Sunset Princess / Grand Riviera Princess and Barcelo Maya Palace for my guests' lodging for my wedding (with my wedding offsite), and I don't have a TA.
    Telling all my guests to go through AppleVacations or Funjet or Travelocity or something seems scary considering I don't know how many rooms are actually available in the quantity I need for my dates.
    Does anyone recommend their TA highly?
    The one I almost worked with I had met on Tripadvisor and apparently someone reported her to the Better Business Bureau (I was wondering why she hadn't written me back in a while) and thus I am definitely in need of a referral to someone good!

#2 ccarmany23

• 138 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:43 AM

Great question! I also need a TA recommendation so please let us know if you have come across any good ones! I would also be curious if your TA (after a set group) arranged for free travel for bride and groom

#3 nylalany

• 625 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:25 PM

She has not arranged free travel. Oh well. Kinda sucks, huh, you would think one of these hotels down there would give some deal, but no!

Where in CA are you?

#4 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:45 PM

A good TA should be able to get your guests cheaper prices than funjet. Benefits include only having to pay a deposit to secrure the trip and getting price cuts if the price drops on charter air. It also helps having someone coordinate everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users