Rebecca's LONG Official Wedding Review

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#31 REBECCA

REBECCA
  • VIP Member
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 06:19 PM

Oh and Meahgan (from the forum) had her wedding the day before mine and left the palm tree lights up for me. It really added to the lighting (thanks Meahgan!).
    Rebecca
    <center>

http://i54.photobuck....a/IMG_1294.jpg
    Alexander & Juliette - Born 3/15/09</center>

#32 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 24 November 2006 - 06:25 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by REBECCA
    Oh and Meahgan (from the forum) had her wedding the day before mine and left the palm tree lights up for me. It really added to the lighting (thanks Meahgan!).

really? i had the palm tree lights up but didnt request them or put them up myself....

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#33 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
    • 1,430 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 06:49 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by host
      really? i had the palm tree lights up but didnt request them or put them up myself....
      Good to know I will have to make sure we have those lights because I love them!!

#34 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
      • 1,430 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 06:52 PM

Quote:
        Hey Nicole,
        Regarding the chairs, I'm sure if you specify, they will do either chair cover (the fitted or the flowing). If they'll give you the fitted ones for the reception, I don't see why you couldn't request those for the ceremony too? I just assumed. I do know they charge extra if you want the ties around the chairs.

Also, FYI, my cocktail hour was included in the price of the ceremony. I think it worked really well with the Trio playing and their being a bar set up while we took photos. It gave everyone something to do!

Regarding the slideshow that Juan does, yes, you have to request it. He just started charging for them because they are so time consuming. He charged me $100, but I think I was the first he started charging, so it may change.

The honeymoon suite was really big. It was a one bedroom with a full size refrigerator, huge walk in closet, living room, dining table, sofa & coffee table. Very comfortable!!!!

I put a quick Kodak photo gallery together of candid shots so you can see what I'm talking about on the chairs, size of the suite,etc. There is also a shot of my centerpieces, which came out more beautiful than I imagined!! I threw a picture of Juan in there too!

Kodakgallery.com*Slideshow
        Thanks for the pictures as well! The honeymoon suite looks great!!! I love your lanterns as well!! Do you remember where you purchased them from? Do you know if Dreams has those lanterns?

#35 REBECCA

REBECCA
        • VIP Member
        • 1,825 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 07:19 PM

Hey Natalie,
          Search the web for Chinese Paper lanterns to shop for the best price. But I found mine at The Paper Lantern Store

10" White Even Ribbing Round Paper Lantern

The bigger ones in the pictures are 12" and the smaller ones are 10" inches.

I don't think that Dreams has them, but I know Maye does! Mariana worked on the wiring for weeks. At first she didn't think she would be able to frame the dance floor, but figured it out and told me a few weeks before the wedding that it was going to work. Have i mentioned how great she is??!
          Rebecca
          <center>

#36 REBECCA

REBECCA
          • VIP Member
          • 1,825 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 07:23 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by host
            Really? Well I kow Meahgan brought some, so maybe she added to what they provide or something
            Rebecca
            <center>

#37 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
            • 1,430 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 07:25 PM

Quote:
              Hey Natalie,
              Search the web for Chinese Paper lanterns to shop for the best price. But I found mine at The Paper Lantern Store 10" White Even Ribbing Round Paper Lantern 10" White Even Ribbing Round Paper Lantern[/url]

The bigger ones in the pictures are 12" and the smaller ones are 10" inches.

I don't think Dreams has them, but I know Maye does! Mariana worked on the wiring for weeks. At first she didn't think she would be able to frame the dance floor, but figured it out and told me a few weeks before the wedding that it was going to work. Have i mentioned how great she is??!

But

Thanks for the info on the lanterns! Were they pretty easy to transport? I'm going to email Mariana now and see if she can do that for me at the cascada terrace with the lights! I'm so happy that Mariana was great because I'm not using anyone else! She seems pretty awesome, she always gets back to me so fast.

~Nicole you are getting married a week later so I could leave them down there for you!~ Are you getting a Wedding Coord.?

#38 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
              • 1,430 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 07:27 PM

Rebecca how many lanterns did you use total?

#39 REBECCA

REBECCA
                • VIP Member
                • 1,825 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 07:32 PM

We used 30 total. Tell Mariana that you saw my pictures. They are very easy to transport. They come packaged flat as a pancake, so they are stackable.

maye recommended using a couple different sizes. I am glad I did that, I like the way the two sizes looked!!
                  Rebecca
                  <center>

#40 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
                  • 1,430 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 07:35 PM

Quote:
                    We used 30 total. Tell Mariana that you saw my pictures. They are very easy to transport. They come packaged flat as a pancake, so they are stackable.

maye recommended using a couple different sizes. I am glad I did that, I like the way the two sizes looked!!
                    ya i agree i really like the 2 sizes! i'm already looking online for them right now! thanks for website!

Oh by the way I didn't mention this before above...your pictures looked great and you looked beautiful! I can't wait to get married!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users