Photo

Anyone have info. on Grand Sirenis....

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
  • 794 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:24 AM

I have not picked a resort yet and stumbled across Grand Sirenis. It definitely has a different look than any of the other resorts and caught my eye. It doesn't have the colorful Mexico look but it is still gorgeous. It's a new resort (about a yr. old) in Akumal and I can't seem to find any information on this resort as far as weddings are concerned. Please help!!

Click the image to open in full size.
    HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
    http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:26 AM

I had never heard of it but I checked it out online and it looks gorgeous. There appears to be a ruin onsite too. Maybe someone else here knows more about it. This wedding review was on TripAdvisor:

Akumal: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya - Traveler Reviews - Great trip and an amazing wedding! - TripAdvisor

#3 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
      • 794 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:37 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by starchild
        I had never heard of it but I checked it out online and it looks gorgeous. There appears to be a ruin onsite too. Maybe someone else here knows more about it. This wedding review was on TripAdvisor:

Akumal: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya - Traveler Reviews - Great trip and an amazing wedding! - TripAdvisor
        Thank you! Not the absolute best review but not all bad either :) I just love the looks of the resort maybe they have fine tuned the glitches.

#4 BeachBride82

BeachBride82
        • 51 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:25 PM

The Grand Sirenis was one of the resorts that I was considering for my wedding. It has a very picturesque beach (apparently very rocky, but watershoes should do the trick). There is a large trapezoid-shaped hole in the wall dividing the bedroom area from the bathroom in each hotel room. If you do decide to pick this hotel, a good gift for your OOT bags is a shower curtain with some velcro - I saw a post recommeding this as a quick fix on TripAdvisor. I also saw posts on TA that said that you can request rooms with a frosted glass barrier.

In the end, we decided to go with a hotel in Cancun because we were a little concerned that our guests would find the Grand Sirenis/Akumal area too quiet. We stayed at the Bahia Principe Akumal in August 2006 and found it really quiet - however, the food and the service were excellent.

Hope this helps!

#5 MissyR

MissyR
          • 1,210 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:40 PM

Hi There;

We (my FI and I) are heading there on November 24th for his best friend's wedding - will be down there for the week so I can take a bunch of pictures if that would help .. let me know if there is anything specific you would like!

#6 MissyR

MissyR
            • 1,210 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:41 PM

Hi There;

We (my FI and I) are heading there on November 24th for his best friend's wedding - will be down there for the week so I can take a bunch of pictures if that would help .. let me know if there is anything specific you would like!

#7 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
              • 794 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:00 PM

Thanks beachbride,
                The more I read the great, recent reviews on TA I'm think I'm hooked on this one. Now if I could just get a response from the hotel. At first I was considering BPA but I REALLY love the architecture of Grand Sirenis.

#8 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
                • 794 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:05 PM

Thanks beachbride,
                  The more I read the great, recent reviews on TA(except the one that says they were held against their will, seems bogus to me) I think I'm hooked on this one. Now if I could just get a response from the hotel. I REALLY love the architecture of Grand Sirenis. It's affordable which I'm definitely trying to keep in mind for my friends, as we are all in our mid 20's starting careers :) I want everyone to be able to come and I'm amazed at the prices!

#9 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
                  • 794 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:11 PM

Thanks beachbride,
                    The more I read the great, recent reviews on TA(except the one that says they were held against their will, seems bogus to me) I think I'm hooked on this one. Now if I could just get a response from the hotel. I REALLY love the architecture of Grand Sirenis. It's affordable which I'm definitely trying to keep in mind for my friends, as we are all in our mid 20's starting careers :) I want everyone to be able to come and I'm amazed at the prices!
                    I'm hoping it won't be too quiet but I'm sure will have a great time no matter what. I have been to Cancun and they do have the BEST nightlife which obviously you know that and that's why you picked Cancun :) Hmmm...so much to think about when picking a resort!

#10 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
                    • 794 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:16 PM

YES, I would love to see pictures of the ceremony. I have seen one wedding picture and it looks like the site is on the beach in front of the huge natural rocks, which I liked. Just curious to see if there are other sites on the beach good for a ceremony. I'm so jealous, I hope you have tons of fun.
                      I would also like to hear what you think about the food and night activities (bars in Playa del Carmen, shows at the resort, lobby dancing/drinking, etc.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users