Photo

Jellym Planning Thread!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jellym

Jellym
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:50 AM

Okay I'm the type of person to plan plan plan with any upcoming event, my wedding included! So why not start a planning thread?! Hope everyone enjoys watching our wedding come together as much as we do.

We got engaged Jan 2015 at our New Years party. A total surprise on my end as you can imagine lol. We decided to take the majority of the year to get certain things in order i.e. Finish furnishing our house, deal with certain family issues and so forth. Well now it's time to plan!! We are planning on getting married in Jamaica 🇯🇲! My FI was born there and that's where the majority of our family is from. Hoping to find a location by the end of next month preferably. I have my heart set on hummingbird hall. Even though it's a bit pricey. Please join me as I figure out my next step and ask tons of questions on this helpful forum! Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443210519.965690.jpg   100.45KB   10 downloads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 beckys98

beckys98
    • 543 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 25 September 2015 - 03:27 PM

Congratulations @Jellym! Great to see a Jamaica bride with a planning thread! My husband grew up in Jamaica as well so it was an obvious choice for us. Our guests all really fell in love with the island - the beauty, the food, the music, the culture! Oh my! Looking forward to seeing your plans unfold.

Cheers!

#3 Jellym

Jellym
    • 13 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 03:34 PM

Thank you! I'm beyond excited!!

#4 acw271011

acw271011
      • Moderators
      • 3,128 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
      • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
      • LocationToronto Area

Posted 27 September 2015 - 06:48 PM

Yay! Another thread to read! Congrats and welcome! I'm also a Jamaica bride - 4 years in just a couple of weeks. We got married at Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica in a beautiful beach gazebo. It was our first trip to the island and we fell in love with it, just as @beckys98 said - the culture, the people, the food. It's a wonderful place and hopefully we'll get the chance sometime to go back. We loved the resort and had a beautiful view of the ocean. I would recommend it to anyone.

Looking forward to reading more of your thread! Happy planning!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#5 Latasha

Latasha
      • 4 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:00 PM

Hello Jellym,

I have been looking at all the reviews on HH. I booked the venue for my Feb.2016 wedding. I'm so excited and I'm also learning many things from people had their wedding at the venue.

#6 Jellym

Jellym
        • 13 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:16 PM

Hello Jellym,

I have been looking at all the reviews on HH. I booked the venue for my Feb.2016 wedding. I'm so excited and I'm also learning many things from people had their wedding at the venue.

What have you heard? Congrats!

Edited by Jellym, 04 October 2015 - 04:16 PM.

#7 Latasha

Latasha
          • 4 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:37 PM

What have you heard? Congrats!

I have heard that it's very nice but you must look over the contract carefully. From my experience so far, they are quick to respond back to your messages and the planning can be very detailed. To me, adding on extras for the wedding are very expensive from the venue itself. I have been doing a lot of DIY projects or buying things online to take with me to Jamaica.

#8 Jellym

Jellym
            • 13 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:41 PM

Like they will try to trick you?

#9 Latasha

Latasha
              • 4 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:54 PM

Not at all! Everything is legit. Just the wording had to be cleared up. I have already made two payments to them and I am happy about my decision.

#10 Jellym

Jellym
                • 13 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:55 PM

Okay. Cool!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users