Yycbride2016 Grand Sirenis Planning Thread February 2016

Juan wanted to get mine soldered before we left but I was afraid they won't fit when put together, etc. It's just too late right now, I'll probably wait until we're back. I haven't worn my e-ring for 3 weeks almost, it definitely feels weird haha.

I think with Spence it takes 2 weeks so in super happy to say you have no time woohoo!! It's coming so fast. Spence told me I had to use them for any 'work' or it voids the warranty. Just incase you planned to go elsewhere. Maybe that's not true but I'll use them anyways :) why haven't you wone your ring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think with Spence it takes 2 weeks so in super happy to say you have no time woohoo!! It's coming so fast. Spence told me I had to use them for any 'work' or it voids the warranty. Just incase you planned to go elsewhere. Maybe that's not true but I'll use them anyways :) why haven't you wone your ring?

That's ok. I usually find their prices to fix things quite reasonable, so I'd be ok using them. Funny thing about Spence, the first time i sent my e-ring to be cleaned, they came back saying that the bottom was really thin and worn out (even though I've only had it for a year, so there was no way it got worn out from my usage). Juan ended up paying like $80-100 to get that fixed. Then, when I got my wedding band, it came in looking exactly as my e-ring had originally! So they totally do that on purpose to get your money after. I negotiated for them to fix it without charging me because I'd never used the wedding band yet and it was their mistake. Luckily their customer service is amazing :).  

• Like 1

Some updates:

I've been busy crafting up a storm. I've officially caught the bug haha. I'm trying to save as much money as possible on decorations (since I have 2 events to decorate: DW and AHR).

I took some empty wine bottles and wrapped them in twine added some extra detail and I ended up really loving them. I will actually use them as decor around the house I think too! 

bottle decorations

Next I got some more jars to jazz up with that rustic beach theme. I've actually done a bunch more and one that I put burlap on with little starfish all the way around (forgot to take a picture of it), I decided to try them out this weekend on the deck with some candles in them. Its really pretty and I think it will really set the mood for the AHR and make people feel like they are on the beach without being at the beach! I've also decorated an old fish bowl which I will put sand and seashells and starfish in with the candles. its really cute and has a little handle I made! 

lanterns night2

lanterns night

Next task was a first attempt at Kyle's boutonniere! I think it actually turned out quite well and I'm excited to see what It'll look like on a suit jacket when he gets it (probably not for another 4 months haha). 

boutoneirre

Lastly my FI's ring arrived!!! They told us it would take 6-8 weeks because it was a custom order to be in his size but it actually only took 6 days!! I couldn't believe it. We happened to be in the mall when I got the call saying it was in so I was able to pick it up right away! He's really happy with it and now that we both have our rings we are so ready to tie the knot!! 

fiance wedding ring

Now I'm feeling pretty prepared for the DW but I'm really nervous for the AHR. Any brides who have done one do you have any advice? I really wanted it to be small and just a get together. We are planning on a cocktail party where I will wear my dress again and my FI will wear his suit. But considering we both didn't even want to do this and we are feeling obliged by family and friends who can't come to mexico it's starting to get to us. We booked a hall room that only holds 70 people and now I'm expecting over 70 people to attend and switching our reservation to the larger hall room will add on almost $700 more! All for something I didn't even want in the first place. It's getting stressful and adding a lot of money onto our budget that was unexpected :( My FI was ready to cancel it yesterday haha but it's a bit late for that considering we've sent out the invitations :S

• Like 7

@ thanks! I'm feeling ready for the destination wedding but I feel like I've got nothing planned for our at home reception. A lot of my decorations will be used for the at home reception and not the Mexico wedding because they are heavy and glass. So I'm somewhat okay with decorating the hall but that's about all I've got planned haha. Kyle still has to get his suit but he thinks he'll gain some muscle weight over the next couple months so he's leaving it last minute

• Like 2

We did an AHR but we only had 30 people so it was just the size we wanted. We had a sit down dinner for it though. It was held in a restaurant on lake ontario with one wall of floor to ceiling windows and when it got dark it looked beautiful with lights from the bridge over the lake. Really pretty. We were just the two of us in Jamaica so we decided before we left that we were having something when we got home. It was really giving in to some people since they had decided not to make the trip but we still had a great time. We had a DJ and danced until 1:00 am I sent invitations before we went to Jamaica so we knew the numbers even before we left.

• Like 2

@@acw271011

That's awesome! I wish we were going to have something like that. We felt pressured by family and friends to host a party since so many people can't afford to come to Mexico with us. We are expecting over 70 people now to come to this reception. I've made it really clear on the wedding website that it will be beer, wine and hors d'oeuvres because I don't want people to expect a full sit down dinner and what not. Once we get a few more RSVP's back then I'll make a decision to go with the bigger hall. Hopefully the venue will allow us to upgrade.   

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhhh! I'm officially 6 months away from our wedding day!! I feel like things are going smoothly and I'll have some stuff to update everyone on soon. I'm working on a few crafts like our diy ring box! Now I want the next 6 months to fly by! I'm getting so excited!

• Like 4

I'm new to this site, but loving your posts so far! It's funny we have such similar stories. We also had a hard time with not so awesome travel agents. We are heading down in April 2016. Can't wait to see how things work out for you!! I'm finding it difficult to envision exactly what the ceremony location and palapa will look like when we get there and how much we should be bringing for decorations. 

@@TinkerSofi

My problem is I'm having an at home reception as well so I know that I can decorate things here too. So I may get crazy haha. I think i want to limit myself to 1 extra suitcase and keep the things I bring to Mexico small and light. Already the OOT bags will probably take up a fair amount of space so I have to be aware of these things. I'm pretty sure these glass jars will be too heavy to take with me but I loved them so much I couldn't say no. I can use them on my deck in the summer too so its really a win win haha.

OOT bags? Are you referring to out of town/welcome bags?

Edited by KBGWedding
  • Like 1