#1 Chawrela

Chawrela
  • 10 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta
  • LocationEdmonton. AB

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:04 PM

Hey ladies,

Has anyone had their reception at Vista Grill restaurant?

We have had dinner there on past vacations and would like to hold our reception there. They have emailed me their group menus ( the open bar is a tad pricey) but I would truly appreciate hearing first hand experience !

#2 bean1983

bean1983
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:35 PM

Hi @Chawrela. We're having our rehearsal dinner there in April 2016. I just had dinner there in September and the views and ambience are out of this world! If I had a smaller guest list, I'd consider doing my reception there, too! The open bar is pricey, but Sofia has been extremely flexible and easy to work with. We are basically doing a custom menu --- picking from items on their group menu --- and are only doing beer and wine for the rehearsal to avoid the crazy open bar prices! But they are allowing us to just pay per bottle opened, which is great. We're going to pick 3 different types of wine that guests can choose from. And if anyone really wants a cocktail, we just told them to charge us for it separately. I think going this route will be MUCH cheaper than the open bar route. 

#3 Chawrela

Chawrela
    • 10 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 9, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta
    • LocationEdmonton. AB

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:03 PM

@bean1983 that's great to know thank you! We have approx. 100 guests so we are renting the entire upper terrace, and the alcohol is quite expensive! Thank you for advising me of that option!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users