Hi Ladies!

I believe DW doesn't need much decor, but still some details could be cute. I decided to do some DIY stuff and obviously went to Michaels. :D

From your experience does Michels have good prices? Can you compare it to Dollar store or any other stores? What have you DIY? 

P.S. Since my main color most likely will be coral, I didn't see many things in that color :((( Any advice?

Thank you!  :wub:

I am in Canada so I can't speak for prices in the USA or aboard, but Michaels can be fairly expensive.

But..... you shouldn't shop at Michaels and pay full price!  Sign up for their app or on their webpage and weekly they will send you coupons. There is always 30-50% off one regular priced item coupons and then from time to time you can get anywhere from 10-30% off your entire order (I've seen it as high as 50% but that was only once over a holiday).  I never pay full price there!!!

The dollar store would be cheaper. Depending what you are looking for the quality would suit your DIY just fine, other times the dollar stores can have lesser quality so just depends what it is. 

I DIY almost everything - invites, all my favors, seating charts, decor, etc.  You can check out my pages below!

• Like 4

@@calgarybride2015 is totally right! I've also looked at a couple of things and discovered that the exact same thing is cheaper in Walmart. Then I got a real shock and went across the border to the US!! I had to buy replacement blades for a cutter. They were 11.99 here at Michaels. I went across the border to Hobby Lobby in Pennsylvania and they were 5.99!!! Now there is no way you can tell me that's just the exchange on the dollar! So there are definitely options depending on where you live. If you're in the US absolutely check out Hobby Lobby. Good deals there for sure!!

• Like 1

Welcome to our forum community, Ruzanna and Congrats on your upcoming dw!!! 

There are some great ideas here: DIY threads

1658697_10153122557419487_43679179570372

11019841_10153122560559487_8525818532054

10257899_10153184002369487_2660049810051

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans - cheers!!! team MTM :)

Edited by Moments That Matter
  • Like 1

Thank you ladies! Yes i'm from Canada too @@calgarybride2015 , but from Toronto. I found Michaels to be pricey. Quality matters, for sure, but i don't want to spend extra money on unnecessary things. Thanks for the app idea!  

Michaels is definitely pricey, but like @@calgarybride2015 mentioned, it's best if you use their coupons. One of my main colours for my wedding is coral and I've purchased 90% of my decor from Michaels. To be honest I bought a lot more gold accent decor pieces and now that I think of it my actualy decor doesn't have much coral haha.

If you use the coupons it's definitely worth it because they have some really nice pieces sometimes :)

• Like 1

I agree with Calgarybride! There are some things at the dollar store but sometimes don't have much of a selection depending on what theme you're going with. 

However, I have never bought anything for full price at Michael's because it's so expensive, even if it takes me a few trips down there to get one item each time at 40%off. They do have a lot of nice things! 

• Like 1

I've bought a lot at michaels but very little at full price. Like the other girls said, I use the 40% off coupons too. Sometimes it means making multiple trips but it's worth it for the savings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2