• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 purplekitten

purplekitten
  • 18 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 23, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Paraiso Maya, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:39 AM

I'm getting married at the Iberostar Paraiso Maya this October.  We booked the wedding 2 months ago, but we were told that we won't get the list of options we have to choose from for the wedding until May.  I'm going crazy!  Has anyone done (or is about to do) an Iberostar wedding?  What type of options can i expect to choose from?

#2 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:28 AM

Hi @purplekitten. I'm getting married at an Iberostar, but in Jamaica. We definitely got a packet of information on venues and "extras" before we even signed the contract. That was back in 2014 for our 2015 wedding. We got our "final details sheet" about 4 months out, which is what we fill out to let the resort know what our selections were (due back to them 30 days out), but I had the information on cocktail receptions, wedding and reception locations, live music, florist, etc.

I would try asking the wedding coordinators for the information again!

#3 purplekitten

purplekitten
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:54 AM

Thanks, Becky!

Have you been to your resort previously?  FH and I were at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Jamaica last July.  It was absolutely excellent.  If you haven't been, you're going to love it!

#4 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:28 AM

Thanks! We have not been there! We are getting married at Suites since we have a few children in our group, but we've heard GREAT things! Counting down the days...

#5 jsparrow10

jsparrow10
  • Site Supporter
  • 116 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 10, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Tucan
  • LocationAkron, Ohio

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:04 PM

@purplekitten Congrats on picking a resort! We have stayed at that resort before and we're getting married at Tucan which is further down. Have you not gotten the package options? I got the email yesterday actually to fill out the package spreadsheet to be introduced to our wedding coordinator which means we're getting closer! 

#6 Andrea2015

Andrea2015
  • 18 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 7, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana
  • LocationIberostar Bavaro Suites

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:03 PM

I'm getting married at the iberostar bavaro in Punta Cana and they've given me a list of all of the extras and I haven't signed a contract yet. I would ask them again :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 purplekitten

purplekitten
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:38 AM

@jsparrow10 - No, we haven't gotten that yet.  Our wedding is a few months later than yours, though.

Edit to add:  Does it have a lot of "extras" (things that cost more money) on it? 

Edited by purplekitten, 23 March 2015 - 06:39 AM.

#8 purplekitten

purplekitten
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:12 AM

Ok, so i emailed the woman I'd been working with at the resort to ask if we could have the list early.  I said that I'm really anxious to see the options we have and that also, we need to see what extra costs there may be so we can save acordingly.

She wrote back and said that no, we have to wait until May. :angry:

#9 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:15 AM

Okay that is weird! I'm happy to send you mine even though it is a different Iberostar. Pricing is probably different, but it could give you an idea. For my wedding, the "extras" we are doing that cost extra are:

- Private reception (Flat $800)

- DJ ($190 per hour - but renting the speakers alone to play an ipod is $150 per hour)

- Open Bar ($7 or $10 per person per hour)

- Live Entertainment ($450 for a steel drum band for one hour)

- $20 per person over the 10 included in the package, which is for cake, champagne toast, set up, etc.

Other add ons are extra florals, spa for hair/makeup, photographer, videographer, there are other cocktail reception and venue options or other events. For example, you can do a tented reception on the beach but the menus for that are more expensive and you have to rent a tent, dance floor, etc. etc.

#10 purplekitten

purplekitten
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:54 AM

Thank you, Becky!  That helps a lot!

I'm curious, though: why do you have to pay per person for an open bar at an all-inclusive resort?

Edited by purplekitten, 23 March 2015 - 10:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users