2016 Brides Cancun Riviera Maya Playa Del Carmen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LeighC

• 27 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Seaside Suites, Playa Del Carmen Mexico

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:04 AM

I noticed that the last thread for El Dorado Seaside Suites is a bit dated, so I thought I'd start a new one!  I just booked an April 2016 wedding with the resort, and I'm so excited to start planning.  We have about 60 people on the guest list, and it looks like most will be able to come!

If anyone has tips for timing of the ceremony, cocktails (which are 2 hour packages), and reception (4hours), let me know!  I have a 3:00 ceremony as of now, but I'm thinking about moving it back to 4:00 and just using one hour for cocktails.

Happy planning!

My planning thread:   http://www.bestdesti...d-april-9-2016/

#2 AllieH

• Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:05 PM

hi there! so exciting - as you noticed it's been a while since we've had an EDSS bride around. You may want to check out the Generations or the EDR threads for the cocktail/reception info. the official EDR thread does have the banquet kit and event info there too. link in my signature. hope that helps! 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#3 LeighC

• 27 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Seaside Suites, Playa Del Carmen Mexico

Posted 16 June 2015 - 05:47 PM

Thanks for the reply.....if there's no other current brides there, maybe that just means they'll be EXTRA  accommodating for me :)

I'll keep an eye on the EDR threads for the basic info.  

My planning thread:   http://www.bestdesti...d-april-9-2016/

#4 beachy123

• 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:28 PM

@LeighC How's the planning going?! I'm deciding between El Dorado Maroma and El Dorado Seaside Suites for a 2016 wedding. Have you been to either? 

#5 choffart

• 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:57 PM

@LEIGH C

I am getting married at EDSS in March 2016. I thought the photographers at the resort seemed very overpriced for the packages they offered so I spent hours searching local photographers. I stumbled across Octavio Montes in some reviews (www.OctavioMontes.com).  I have appreciated his expert opinion and tips about how to create a timeline to ensure the best photos on my wedding day. His website has a lot of advice on timelines. He has been very responsive via email and answers all my questions quickly and thoroughly so he may be a great resource for your planning should you go with him. 

#6 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
      • 3,070 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:02 AM

Welcome to our forum community, choffart and LeighC, and Congrats on your upcoming destination weddings next year!!! You've come to the right place for lots of great ideas, suggestions and support from everyone here, so well done already :) ....and another link

One thing to consider on your Wedding Day timeline, is the sunset times. Usually if you have the ceremony 1 to 1.5 hrs before sunset, it gives your photographer time to capture your newlywed photos in those Golden sunset moments with their exquisite light!!!

Here's a link to the sunset times taken from our webpage - to help you out.....Mexico Weather / Sunsets     ....and another link to other FAQs wedding couples have asked us, as well as a suggested timeline for how your wedding day could unfold: MTM FAQs webpage with suggeted timeline 

For further inspiration, here are a few examples of some magical wedding moments that matter we captured, taken from our Cover Photos Album....enjoy :)

Hope it all works out just the way you envision for your Perfect Wedding Day Celebration!!! - cheers - team MTM :)

Edited by Moments That Matter, 26 November 2015 - 08:06 AM.

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                            100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users