Photo

Newbie Here! Average Mexico Wedding Costs?

Mexico Locations Budgeting

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 KatieMcBride

KatieMcBride
  • 122 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 15, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Riu Caribe, Cancun

Posted 11 March 2015 - 01:04 PM

That's awesome!! How did you like the resort?

#32 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:12 PM

Overall it was great. I think all Riu's have updated their resorts in the past year or two. Decor is all updated.. the service was pretty good, but non existent on the beach. Food was pretty good as well. The nice part is you can go over to the other resort as much as you'd like.. they are directly beside each other :)

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#33 MNsunseeker

MNsunseeker
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:09 PM

We are looking at an October wedding at Secrets Capri and have 20-25 guests coming with a budget of $10,000 :)

#34 eeisner

eeisner
    • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:48 PM

@AliciaW Congratulations! A wedding can be expensive or affordable anywhere you decide to get married. A misconception that I've come to realize that having a wedding in Mexico is going to be cheaper. Definitely not true. Especially when you start to add up extras and if you have more than 15 or 20 guests (the average covered in a wedding package), the price adds up very quickly.

Also depending on when you want your wedding – if you decide to come during the high season you should expect to pay more but have a really good chance at good weather. Versus the low season, the fall, prices will be cheaper but there's a higher chance that you'll have rain on your wedding day.

I would definitely get a travel agent to start. They can give you some great recommendations on hotels. Also start thinking about the kind of hotel you want and the size of your wedding. All-inclusive like dreams, palace, Iberostars, Barcelo vs non AI like Rosewood/Banyan tree mayakoba. Adults only or family friendly? Church ceremony or beach? What is important to you – a good night life such as in downtown Cancun or Playa del Carmen, more rustic Mexico like Tulum, a good beach? Also think about distance from the airport. A hotel in Cancun is a 10 minute drive, versus the Barcelo complex is an hour and a half south and Tulum even farther.

In my opinion, choosing the resort is the most stressful part. After that, it's all fun :-) good luck and don't hesitate with any questions!

#35 purplekitten

purplekitten
      • 18 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 23, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Iberostar Paraiso Maya, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:44 AM

We're paying $2800 for the ceremony and coctail reception for 20 people (we may end up with as many as 30, but it's only $25 extra per person).  That includes a dinner reception in one of the restaurants, but we're going to pay the extra $1350 to have a private 4-hour reception.  The photographer and videographer are going to cost $3500.  The DJ will be $1000.  The bloot test, apostille, and certificate translation will be $330.

We don't get to choose our upgrade options (or even know what they are yet) until May, so that may add some on, but so far, we're just shy of $9,000.

Oh, and we're going to be at the Iberostar Paraiso Maya, which is in Riviera Maya about 30 minutes south of Cancun.

#36 candle23

candle23
      • 294 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 23, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Cancun
      • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:07 AM

We had 80 people last October at the Now Jade, our total for the wedding was about $12,000. This included the ceremony, cocktail hour, private dinner, the included photographer and videographer in the package as well as our own photographer that we brought with us, DJ. We extended the reception by two hours. We brought our own decorations, gave our guests mason jar travel mugs instead of an OOT bag(biggest hit with our guests!). My ring is not included as my husband bought both my engagement ring and band as a set. His ring we actually got off Etsy and has my fingerprint engraved on the inside(I love it! And it was about $150!). I spent about $300 on my dress which I had custom made in China. My husbands dad and his wife actually paid for our trip which was amazing and saved us about $4500.

Had we not had so many guests our cost would have been much much lower as anyone over 25(I believe) was about $100.

It was amazing! We wouldn't have changed a thing! It is really easy to spend more but truly it is not needed!!

#37 LasCaletas

LasCaletas

Insiders

• Insiders
      • 115 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:45 AM

Hi @AliciaW 

Congratulations on your engagement!!

Welcome to the best destination wedding site, where you will find lots of information regarding wedding venue locations, details, etc...

If you'd like, you can visit our website www.adventureweddingsvallarta.com and check out our wedding packages, we have a beautiful private beach called Las Caletas in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, where we make the magic happen with an amazing view and an awesome setting for your ceremony.

If you want to speak with a sales agent for further assistance feel free to contact us at toll free 1.866.731.8152 or e-mail us to info@adventureweddingsvallarta.com

Best wishes for your wedding day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users