546 replies to this topic

#71 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:18 PM

Yeah it's the reception that's on the boat.
That's a great idea Kim using the bouquets as centre pieces. You are just awesome. All I need is something to put them in. That will cut back a little for sure. Now I have to figure something out to put them in. Nathan said he doesn't want to see me with anything else to bring down hahaha. I feel we have too much now and those damn tumblers are going to take up the space. Any other suggestions Kim? This works out great. Why didn't I think of that. I have four BM bouquets and will have 4 tables. Works out great.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#72 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:27 PM

I love your reception on the boat!! We once pondered that idea but too many people scared of boats! Lol

That's what I did with my BM bouquets and I ordered an extra to have enough. The stems were too long so my WC cut them down after the ceremony to fit in the vases I had brought.

If you find something non breakable it's possible he won't notice as they can be shoved in anywhere hehe.

Flowers seem to cost the most. If you skipped flowers would they rent you a vase? That should be cheaper OR maybe ask if they have a large glass/drinking cup that could be used as a vase. As I imagine your bouquets aren't huge by any means.

Haha that may be a terrible suggestion but throwing out ideas.

Also if you wanna add a pop of color to the table yourself those decorative beads/gems are a great idea and cheap!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
More thoughts lol
You can also bring 2 carry ones each. I had a large personal bag and a roller suitcase. That's a good way to get more baggage for free. I flew ACV but I assume most are similar.

Edited by calgarybride2015, 23 February 2015 - 08:26 PM.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#73 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:28 PM

No that's really great idea I think. The flowers are not big by no means but it could mean saving $270 for the centre pieces. Why not make double use of the BM bouquets. Haha

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#74 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:30 PM

No that's really great idea I think. The flowers are not big by no means but it could mean saving $270 for the centre pieces. Why not make double use of the BM bouquets. Haha

I'm cheap what can I say :)
That's one way I justified the bouquets. Mine were just 4 stems so weren't overly big!

And $270 US is a lot of money in your pocket.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#75 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:37 PM

Yeah exactly. Especially when it's just centre pieces. No need to spend a whole bunch on that. And with the exchange rate being so horrible I just have to save where I can.
So I need your help now with getting small bases or something just to stick them in. Something that won't break of course.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#76 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:50 PM

that's exactly what i'm doing. I mean, all my BM bouquets are fake, but I'm using them for the center pieces too, rather than buying and bringing even more flowers. 

I agree that as long as your vases are not glass they're probably not very heavy and you can sneak them in anywhere. I have 6 little jars that I need to bring and some lanterns too. My plan is to put the lanterns in a carry on and spread the jars among different carry ons of family members. 

This honestly feels like I'm smuggling in drugs hahah

event.png

#77 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:05 PM

Haha yeah my flowers are fake too. They are only small like I said but they will serve the purpose. I will now go on the hunt for small cheap and non glass vases. Haha

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#78 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:01 PM

Dresses have arrived. Well my sister's anyway.

I have the 2 girls wearing this exact colour just different styles and the other girl (Maid of Honor) possibly wearing a little different color. It's still coral she will be getting but maybe a little different because she didn't buy her dress in the same place. They are in different provinces so it was a little difficult to get exact coloring. But one that will be a little off I am not worried about. No big deal to me.

This is my sister in the picture. She would hate me if she found out she is on here...hahaha I love the colour and have a feeling it's going to compliment the girls skin tones. My sister started tanning here so it looks really vibrant up against her skin.

Attached Files

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#79 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:02 PM

@kcole123 looks great

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#80 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:30 PM

hahaha just about an hour ago my Maid of Honor sent me a pic of her dress. It came in today and she was very excited. She actually ordered hers from some website that came from China. The colour isn't too far off, a little darker than the other's but it still looks great. She is really happy with it and almost no alterations have to be done just at the boob area she said. SO happy right now everyone has their dresses.

Attached Files

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users