• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Brit11

• 15 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Costa Rica
  • LocationJW Marriott Guanacaste

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:26 AM

We have a small guest list so we are having a welcome dinner (fish taco bar) at our villa on the resort for our guests to mingle. We are going to have 4-5 signature drinks at the bar for our guests to choose from. It will be very laid back and informal. So there will be no speeches . We are looking at spending no more than $2k that evening.

We plan on giving everyone a planner of what we plan on doing and invite everyone to attend, but on their own expense.

#22 MorganRene

• 152 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 7, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Playa Mujeres | Cancun, Mexico
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:25 AM

I would love to do a Welcome Dinner, but we have guests arriving Saturday - Wednesday, so that won't really work for us.  On Wednesday night we are going to do Bach parties, but we haven't figured out many of the details for that yet.  I told my sister (moh) I had enough to plan, so she needed to figure that out :)

I like to do a "rehearsal" dinner type thing if we can get the resort to reserve a section of the restaurant for us, too.   Friday is our wedding so we will have the ceremony and reception.

I'm not going to plan too many excursions, because I know this is their vacation, too.  I'm thinking we will all do things in small groups or as a big group though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users