Group Activities In Maui For Guests. Help!

sapphirebride

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been on the forums much lately but am back to the planning after a hectic springtime and hoping to enlist some help/ideas on what activities I should plan for our guests.

We have a group of 30 and ideally we've been hoping to plan 1 'welcome' event (ideas are welcome cocktails or a luau) and 1 'goodbye' event, which we had really been hoping to splurge on a boat/snorkel trip for everyone instead of doing favours at the wedding.

The issue now is, with the vendor and hotel prices in Maui being higher then we hoped for just about everything we're feeling very strapped budget wise. Even though we're cutting back on a lot of items for our wedding we're still over budget so I'm not sure what to do about these events.

Does anyone have suggestions where to look for affordable activities  or a lead on where to get cheap rates with a group? Would it be rude to ask guests to pitch in some $ if they wanted to be involved? I would really hate to ask that if we're the ones planning the events but I'm at a lose of what to do.

Any suggestions or advice is super appreciated!!

Without specific information on the dates involved, what part of the island or how many days you and  guests will be there, it's a little tough to give you specific suggestions.  What have you arranged thus far?

I do feel it is rude to ask guests to chip in for activities that you have arranged as part of your wedding festivities.  it's much better to scale back what you plan.

It's not a problem though to provide a list of activities in which they may want to participate so that you get to hang out together - apart from the wedding events.  These would be "no host" - you can provide the pricing in advance so they are fore-warned it is not included in the wedding festivities.  Everyone may not want to do everything so this way they have a choice and you still get to interact with as many folks as possible.

With more details about your event it will be easier to offer specific suggestions.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics