Question About Taking Your Own Photographer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chuquis2009

• 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 03:45 PM

So I have decided I will be taking my own professional photographer (a cousin). I will be bartering vacation time for pictures. This is actually cheaper than hiring a photographer there. She and husband will be coming as a guests.
    When I first started researching local photographers I inquired about the vendor fee. My WC told me the fee was 350 for local or if I used one of my guests, like family, they could offer a discount.
    I think that is just ridiculous! What is the difference if I handed a camera to guest and asked them to take photos all night?
    So I'm wondering if I should even tell her before hand that my family member is taking my photos?
    I refuse to pay a vendor fee for my own guest.
    What so y'all think? Or what have others done?

#2 Dreamteam17

• 194 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Tulum Beach
    • LocationCanada

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:03 PM

We are bringing our own photographer and she is staying the week with us and since she is my guest we are not paying anything extra. I believe at our resort we don't have to pay as long as they stay >5 days . I am not even mentioning us having a photographer thought in case.

55 guests booked plus bride and groom :)

#3 abeals11388

• 30 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 27, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Cabo san Lucas, Mexico
    • LocationFort Worth, Texas

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:25 AM

It just depends on where you're getting married (what resort you get married at) as they are all different. I got married on 6/27/14 at the Riu palace in cabo San Lucas and my uncle did our photography. We did not have to pay a vendor fee because he was a guest and staying at the resort!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users